• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment issues

muleybowhunter

NAXJA Forum User
So after I install the RE super flex kit on my xj I took it to a local shop to get an alignment done, should have done it myself , I know that now.

The first time they adjusted the toe only even though he said that he would adjust caster and it was about 2 degrees under on both sides. So I took it back the next day and they worked on it again but adjusted the left lca all the way forward and the right lca almost all the back to the point that the wheelbase was almost 1 inch shorter on the right and it drove poorly. They also did not use shims behind the control arms and claim that they have never seen a jeep that requires shims.

How does all this sound to you? Like a shop that doesn't know anything or am I being too picky? I have since adjusted it myself and it is driving good, but how far should I go to get the money back I paid them?

Thanks all,

Daniel

Yup. It sounds more like they just don't know what they're doing, and I'm not sure it's limited to XJs.

Part of the problem is they say they did nothing wrong and won't even respond to my attempts to contact them. Only thing I have left to do is dispute the charge with my bank and hope it goes my way.

I do have the printout from the first day and it shows that it was sent home with it out of alignment. But yet I was charged full price, was not given the printout till after I paid so I didn't notice that it wasn't correct right away.

Back