• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ever been to Pickett State Park?

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I heard about this place on TNjeeps.com. It's a state park and is apparently free to ride. The park is in Jamestown. Has anyone ever been? If so what do you think about it?

I've never been but I'd be up for some riding...

As I understand it, there is a trail system off of Blackhouse Mountain Rd just before you get to the park. I've seen some pictures but never been there.

I'm in for some riding up there as my Grandparents live just outside of Jamestown.

The old Jamestown-Oneida railroad trail runs up in that area. I ran it back in 2000 but I believe it to be closed now. Had a great river crossing-probably 50 yards wide. It was nothing more than following and old rail bed. Very, very narrow and no obstacles. That was part of Big South Fork back then. Not terribly challenging, but a full days ride and pretty scenic. Not familiar with Pickett.

I've run that railbed several times in my Scout. It is all closed to 4 wheeling traffic, horses only.

There is a really neat bridge that crosses the White Oak Creek and I remember that crossing. You had to hug the rock on the left or you would fall in a deeper hole in the creek.

I would be up for a trip out to Pickett State Park also. When would everyone be free? I could also post up on TN Jeeps and see if someone would like to lead since I doubt any of us know the trail systems out there.

Back