• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lovely Noise From Drivetrain

Mad Steez

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone!

2000 XJ 4.0 Auto 4x4 - RE 3.5” lift on 31s, 242 t case, 8.25 limited slip (factory) rear and D30 front, 230,000 all original miles, hack n tap. New plugs and oil/filter.

Buddy of mine just sent me this vid of his XJ. What would be causing this noise? I’m thinking transmission issue.

He just got it home and it started making that noise. We know the front driveshaft is out, steering box is leaking and rear main is leaking as well. He picked it up cheap cheap.

Thanks 🙂

Let me know if you need more info!

https://youtube.com/shorts/hRJHauFK4b4?feature=share

Tourge converter bolts might be coming out. Doesn't sound internal to me. Though im not sure what internal might sound like

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Tourge converter bolts might be coming out. Doesn't sound internal to me. Though im not sure what internal might sound like

Thank you!

Since this post the jeep starts but does not move in drive or reverse and that noise is constant.

It is just sitting now until we can get around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like the fan blade hitting something possibly even the radiator.

Has he tried pulling the inspection cover for the trans and see if the flexplate moves but the torque converter does not? The flexplate must be spinning for the cps to trigger but could have sheared the torque converter bolts?

Definitely pull inspection cover and see in there, does transmission have fluid in it?

Do you want to get rid of it. I think your 8-10hrs from me. For a small fee ill dispose if it

Back