• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Horn Relay on a 1991

truckeejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
So, I've searched for the answer to this question before... but never got a definitive answer. Where is the horn relay on a 1991 XJ? I've gotten answers for 1995s, 1987, 1999s, Grand Cherokees (yuk) but never seem to get an actual answer for 1991. I've having a lot of problems with the horn and would like to check the relay. But where is is it???

Most answers I've gotten have been a) In the engine compartment fuse/relay box (Is is not there) or b) some vague description of somewhere under the drivers side dash. I have not found anything there.

Anyone got the real answer?? Photos would be epic.

Much thanks to anyone who can help!!

- TJ

1991 4.0 Sport 5speed 4x4

So, thanks for the replies. And thanks for the link, lawsoncl. I've read that thread, and there is a photo of his jeep, under his dash. It shows, down by the hood release latch, a strip of 3 relays, and the one on the left is the horn relay.

The problem is, I don't seem to have that strip of relays under the dash there. I have spentquite a bit of time under there digging around and don't see anything that looks like the metal hanger or the 3 relays.

Maybe it's just right in my face and I'm losing my mind...but I'm still in search of the mythical horn relay on a 1991 XJ (4.0, 4x4, 5sp., sport)

Anyone actually ever seen this unicorn with their own eyes?

thx y'all

Re: Jeep Horn Relay on a 1991: FOUND

Omg..found it.

For anyone looking: It's waaaay back there, under the dash, just left of steering column if you are sitting in drivers seat. It's hard to see unless you take apart dash or get waay under there with a light, lying on your back, like with the back of your head on the pedals looking back towards drivers seat. It's a strip of 3 relays (mine were black relays), it's tucked under a metal flange, but pulls out easily to hang down on its wires. Mine only had two relays in. Horn relay was the one one the end.

SO stoked to replace this. My horn has been going off intermittently, and that is not a fun way to drive.

Thx for the help Naxja

Back