• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrew Rear Gas Can Holder

97xjcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any ideas/tips/photos of homemade gas can holders. I have the Warn rear bumper w/ tire carrier and was trying to come with a solution to carrying more fuel.
CIMG0241.jpg

Think thin? Saw these at the local offroad show last weekend. 4 gals of slim mounted fuel containment. cool mounting lug system too, which could easily be adapted to factory or aftermarket roof rack or hatch, as well as spare tire mount.
kol_08_fue_pk_4gal.jpg

http://www.kolpin.com/

XJEEPER said:
Think thin? Saw these at the local offroad show last weekend. 4 gals of slim mounted fuel containment. cool mounting lug system too, which could easily be adapted to factory or aftermarket roof rack or hatch, as well as spare tire mount.
kol_08_fue_pk_4gal.jpg

http://www.kolpin.com/
I really like that,we are going to Ouray,Co in July,and gas is all weve talked about lately.Gas might get hard to find(or buy) since TTORA also has an event that week!

Those thin gas cans are sweet!

What would be even cooler would be to mount two of them flat on a roof rack. Add a cap with a valve on it and a hose coupling. Then when you need to fill up, just hook up the hose and open the valve!

Add something like this to the cap:
156860_lg.gif

XJEEPER said:
kol_08_fue_pk_4gal.jpg

Markos said:
What would be even cooler would be to mount two of them flat on a roof rack. Add a cap with a valve on it and a hose coupling. Then when you need to fill up, just hook up the hose and open the valve!

Add something like this to the cap:
156860_lg.gif

Forget about building a can holder for the rear bumper. Put these two together on my roof rack and that is exactly what I needed. Thanks for the input XJEEPER and Markos!

97xjcrawler said:
Forget about building a can holder for the rear bumper. Put these two together on my roof rack and that is exactly what I needed. Thanks for the input XJEEPER and Markos!

Sweet! Let us know how it turns out!

I'd make a 3/8" solid steel box to hold the can, with some Major locks... 5 Gal of gas is some Valuable crap !

I recommend to buy it from ebay or Amazon that would be better then your home made. And you can save your time.

Back