• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door hinge repair

ColoradoJeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 2 door that needs a little help with the door hinges, they have just started to pull away. Does anybody know where I can buy the repair kit #05083060AA referenced in the Jeep Service bulletin # 23-017-02? I have searched this site and the web and have had no luck.

Please help.

The same thing was wrong with my MJ. We took the door off and pounded the hinge back to where it goes and welded it in place. It works better now than it did before. While you have the door off I would drive the hinge pins out and replace them with bolts just incase you ever want to go doorless.

Hope this helps.

Only place I know of to get the hinge repair kit would be at the parts dept of a jeep dealer. If it's just a small crack take the doors off and take a wire wheel to it to remove all rust and paint to get it down to bare metal then weld it back in place, if you don't have a welder you could take it to a exhaust shop and d/c the battery and they could probably weld it real quick for you for about $20. I've got to get mine fixed soon to but I'm gonna have one of the welder guys in the machine shop where I work weld it real quick one day when it's decent weather.

I planned on welding but would like to install the repair kit for added support. These doors are heavy and everyone wants to open them on a hill.:twak:

Why not weld the hinge back and then get some small pieces of metal and have them welded to the hinge as well to give it even more strength than just bolting it in like the repair kit says.

that kit is still available from the dealer. my 2dr did the same thing; i got the kit from work, borrowed an air riveter, and did it up. it's a pretty easy install and it's super beefy now.

Back