• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local NAXJA Members, check in!

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Ok, many of us have expressed interest in a Northwest Chapter of NAXJA. The other thread asks who is serious about it, but the membership status was up in the air. This thread is for people who have recieved their confirmation as NAXJA members.

If you are wanting in on this Chapter thing please post below with your member number and at least your first name. We need a count on this and only members can vote on NW Chapter BOD. If you know someone who has been hemming and hawing about joining, by golly get on them. :) We have our greatest strength in numbers and our voices will NOT be heard without more folks.

I'm Phil Marek, NAXJA Member # 660. I am paid in full and propose the formation of an official Northwest Chapter of NAXJA.

Hans Member 649
Im interested.

Chris Onnink, member #656
I'm all for a NW chapter.

Michael Lee, member number in signature.

Let me know what I can do to help.

I'm in, #655.

Glenn Baker.... Member Number in my sig.

Patience will make for a good chapter. No rush IMHO. We don't need to do like the Mid West.... but we can take our time and do it right.
Glenn

I'm Mark Tunnicliff, member #1279 All for it!!

Sam Slade #1263 for it.

However, meeting in Seattle (per the "other" referenced thread) makes it rough for people not in Seattle. Specially if you are talking about having people from Montana and Idaho in this chapter. Add to it now the rapidly rising cost of gas, then food and lodging and it is going to be very expensive for some people. If per the other thread mentioning them wanting to get more people from Seattle involved, then maybe they should be looking at a "Seattle" or a "Washington" chapter rather than a Northwest one.

If it truly is desired for the Northwest, then due to the expansive distances involved, maybe this needs to be handled via online chat meetings or via the forum, with any voting conducted via the forum as was done with the recent main NAXJA recorder election.

If we take this further, and say for instance hold it in Centralia, or Spokane, or even the Tri-Cities <very cheesy grin> then we really haven't accomplished anything due to the travel time and cost for some Oregon members.

So what happens if we start a Northwest Chapter, and say people from the town of "Faraway, MT or Wayoutthere, ID" want to start up their own chapter... are they precluded from that cause someone/group set chapter boundaries that included their area, even though the real likelihood that the MT and ID folks could ever attend a function or make a meeting???

So all I'm saying here is that I think there needs to be some very realistic attention paid to the scope of the area we are trying to pull chapter membership from. People that have to drive a noticable distance are not going to really make many, if any, meetings or functions. And IF it is really desired to make a genuine Northwest Chapter, then it needs to be conducted via the "net."

sams88 said:
Sam Slade #1263 for it.

However, meeting in Seattle (per the "other" referenced thread) makes it rough for people not in Seattle. Specially if you are talking about having people from Montana and Idaho in this chapter. Add to it now the rapidly rising cost of gas, then food and lodging and it is going to be very expensive for some people. If per the other thread mentioning them wanting to get more people from Seattle involved, then maybe they should be looking at a "Seattle" or a "Washington" chapter rather than a Northwest one.

If it truly is desired for the Northwest, then due to the expansive distances involved, maybe this needs to be handled via online chat meetings or via the forum, with any voting conducted via the forum as was done with the recent main NAXJA recorder election.

If we take this further, and say for instance hold it in Centralia, or Spokane, or even the Tri-Cities <very cheesy grin> then we really haven't accomplished anything due to the travel time and cost for some Oregon members.

So what happens if we start a Northwest Chapter, and say people from the town of "Faraway, MT or Wayoutthere, ID" want to start up their own chapter... are they precluded from that cause someone/group set chapter boundaries that included their area, even though the real likelihood that the MT and ID folks could ever attend a function or make a meeting???

So all I'm saying here is that I think there needs to be some very realistic attention paid to the scope of the area we are trying to pull chapter membership from. People that have to drive a noticable distance are not going to really make many, if any, meetings or functions. And IF it is really desired to make a genuine Northwest Chapter, then it needs to be conducted via the "net."

pssst! Hey Sam! Check out the date of the original post.

Sniggs said:
pssst! Hey Sam! Check out the date of the original post.

That's pretty good!!!! :) I was wondering why someone was posting in an old one.............. when we had a Northwest chapter............ oh well. :) Win some, lose some, and some just are just there. Maybe it will bring a little laughter into someones day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm.................... Beam me up Scottie!!!! heh heh

Back