• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feb 19th, Snow Run

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
Group,
I am praying that by Feb 19th we have enough snow to have a decent snow run at Jack's Pass (or other location if we have enought interst in moving the location).

The intent would be a Family Oriented snow run (bring sleds). Meeting at the Dutch Cup at 9:00am (tentatively) and getting back down to the Monroe area by 6:00pm ish. Stock or Modified rigs welcome.

Recommend:
Chains, plenty of food, plenty of warm clothes, and tow points front and back.

Michael

I'm in!! Not sure about Andy, yet...but I'm there!! :) I want to drag my oldest son along this time too to ride in my right seat. I know Jason was getting "Itchy Butt Syndrome" riding over there (not driving). Maybe I can spark some interest in another kid!!

Andy's brother may want to come along with his Quad. He hasn't decided (yet).

Mark

LOL. I will be there if I can get the day off. Mark, I will PM you shortly about lifts.

Danielle wants to shop for some 4-wheelers. She has wanted one as long as I have known her. But we need to pay some bills off first. She might get her new toys next year.

Jason

Im in, ill be in a green TJ, arb D30, welded D44 rear, 36's so i wont need no sticnking chains. but where the hell is Dutch Cup, why not meet at Mc donalds in Monroe. common place everyone knows

The Dutch Cup is in Sultan (just on the north side of Hwy 2).

People can get gas in Monroe before getting there, it has a very large parking lot and seeting inside for meeting groups of people, it is easy to find, hard to miss (large blue and white windmill), and easy to get on and off of Hwy 2 for groups of vehicles.

great to have you with us.

Michael

I will be there also, not sure on my shotgun rider. I will be there by 9:00 am this time I promise especially if it is a snow run.

AHHHHHH dutch cup i know where that windmill is, but ill be at Mac Doanlds eating first. what if there is no snow, make it a Reiter run

paul_xj04 said:
AHHHHHH dutch cup i know where that windmill is, but ill be at Mac Doanlds eating first. what if there is no snow, make it a Reiter run

You can eat where ever you want:)
Yes, I would guess if there is no snow we will head to Reiter Pit.

Michael

Maybe I should get the 31's on order. How much rubbing would I get with the 31" retread MT on my factory wheels?

Last edited:
I doubt you will have much rubbing with a RE 3.5 inch lift which gives you about 4-4.5 inches of lift. I rub my coil towers and rock rails with a metric 32 inch swamper on a actual 3 inch lift. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus there is only one way to find out. Wheel it and see if Andy will bring his portable saws-all. :repair: :yelclap:

XJourney said:
I doubt you will have much rubbing with a RE 3.5 inch lift which gives you about 4-4.5 inches of lift. I rub my coil towers and rock rails with a metric 32 inch swamper on a actual 3 inch lift. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus there is only one way to find out. Wheel it and see if Andy will bring his portable saws-all. :repair: :yelclap:

AH! hahahahahah! Good one! I gotta get him to sign up here...! :D

JMotorsprt said:
Maybe I should get the 31's on order. How much rubbing would I get with the 31" retread MT on my factory wheels?

Jason,
I would put a few miles on those 30's you got (they are close to new aren't they). You might decide to go higher or stuff larger tires or may decide you want a different tire by the time you need them. I put that money into more protection, skids, etc, etc. The difference between the 30 and 31 is not going to be significant.

Just my .02
Michael

The 19th !! O NO thats a 3 day weekend for some and I think the wife wants to get out of town ,Opps guess I`ll be missing another one.

Last edited:
hards91xj said:
The 19th !! O NO thats a 3 day weekend for some and I think the wife wants to get out of town ,Opps guess I`ll be missing another one.

Easy solution, go to Levenworth, Wenatche or Chellan for the weekend, take the motorhome and do some wheeling with us on the way :)

We will miss you again.

Michael

:rattle:

Edited comments. I was being mean and thought that others might not take it the way I did.

Hey gents just checking In I would like to go on this snow run(or reiter if no snow?)either way. Also what is the min equip needed.I have a little exp wheeling. thanks and look forward to meeting you.Joe

This is generally what we need you to have:
Mandatory equipment:
Recovery points front and rear
Recovery strap (no hooks)
Fire Extingisher
First aid kit
Good tires Plus a spare
Warm cloths
Food (lunch)
Good Attitude

Suggested Equipment:
Shovel
CB
Spare Parts
Tire Chains
Hi Lift Jack
Extra food
Sled

And experience isn't required we would love to have you along

...my humble opinion.

I encourage everyone to try to get a CB in their rig. It really helps to warn others as conditions change and allows the folks in the back of the pack (me usually) the ability to know what going on ahead. As we get more drivers this will become a huge necessity (to keep us from running into each other! :D

Besides, it may be needed in an emergency!!

I'm looking on ebay for a cheapie for Andy just to be used on these trips.

Back