• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better hold onto them XJ's

The interior and exterior look pretty clean, but poor photo contrast makes it pretty hard to see any real details. Its interesting to contemplate whether that kind of value really can exist. The challenge I have with the XJ is the wimpy unibody and as far as I can tell, after 100K miles, everything needs to start being replaced. I wonder if the owner has proactively replaced the heater core. I suppose an XJ good for the person who likes to always be wrenching or perhaps for the person who wants a classic and has enough money to have someone else constantly be wrenching on it.

as far as I can tell, after 100K miles, everything needs to start being replaced. I wonder if the owner has proactively replaced the heater core. I suppose an XJ good for the person who likes to always be wrenching or perhaps for the person who wants a classic and has enough money to have someone else constantly be wrenching on it.

I have had mine for 16 years, it has 155,000 on it and I have replaced almost nothing that I didn't break myself.
Things I have replaced because they broke:
Crank Sensor
Drivers Window Controls

This is by a long shot the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. (and that includes a Camry) So not sure what you are talking about?

I have had mine for 16 years, it has 155,000 on it and I have replaced almost nothing that I didn't break myself.
Crank Sensor
Drivers Window Controls

This is by a long shot the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. (and that includes a Camry) So not sure what you are talking about?
I've had my xj 13 years 250000 thousand miles replacement radiator both front wheel bearings transmission cooler lines twice crank sensor computer ignition switch water pump harmonic balancer cam sensor drag link

I've had my xj 13 years 250000 thousand miles replacement radiator both front wheel bearings transmission cooler lines twice crank sensor computer ignition switch water pump harmonic balancer cam sensor drag link

Coolant lines and balancer are kind of a weird thing but wheel bearings and water pumps are normal maintenance items and after 250,000 miles that is pretty damn good.

Oh, and I forgot I replaced the rear main seal.

The coolant leaked in the same place both times where the rubber was crimped to the metal lines I cut the crimped part out and used clamps to repair it the second time most of this stuff was replaced 13 years ago when I first got this jeep if I want to keep it I need to replace some steering parts due to wear but due to rust i'm going to sell it for parts or scrap it.

I definitely have an advantage down here as far as rust goes. Mine doesn't have any.

That would be nice definitely an advantage over us rust belt folks Lol

Crank Sensor
Drivers Window Controls

Got mine at 109K miles, and had to do valve cover seal, pan gasket, rear main seal, O2 sensors, crank angle sensor, starter, power window control module, speaker wire repair, hatch latch needed TLC, heater core is leaking, one failed tie rod end boot. And it was a garage queen, although I suspect the PO did not maintain it that well.

Im working down here in Arizona. XJ prices are stupid. A clean XJ runs around $10k or more and they are going up.

Back