• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Lets see I gotta -
replace front axle u-joints
Get a new front shaft
Start my sliders
Start my rearbumper/tire carrier
Build a new crosmember and t-case skid since mine is welded to the frame lol
Install frame stiffeners
build a beefy steering set up or buy curries
fix both front speakers
buy better motormounts
regear or maybe upgrade axles

thats it for now :D

Well Ive got 3 of the things crossed off my list. Ordered my new front shaft today. Also that wasent on the list was paint bottom of doors and install rock lights. Just finished both of those up

That's cause 13 and Eleanor have the same parents :eyes:
Yes. I mean it like that.

These guys built Eleanor.

Beg yer pardon???? The shop you work for built the Eleanor cars???? Are you in California right now?

"Over $250,000 was spent researching and engineering Eleanor. This GT
500 is “The Original Eleanor”, in that it was the first car designed and
hand built to use as the basis of how the Mustang would appear on
screen. Cinema Vehicle Services of Hollywood California custom built and
supplied cars for this movie.
Eleven identically prepared cars were used
for the 40 minute chase scene of Nicolas Cage Driving "Eleanor", with
only seven surviving filming.
Having begun life as a concept drawing by Hot Rod designer Steve Stanford, brought to life by well known designer Chip Foose and built by the talented staff at Cinema Vehicle Services........"

Source:
http://www.starcarstn.com/Eleanor.html

jeebus, I haven't seen that shitty movie in so long I totally missed the reference -- Eleanor is secksy, but a little to much "mod", and a little too little "resto" for me -- nice to know you're working with and learning from some guys with some serious skills, though, Mason. :thumbup:

Back to the original thread , I'll be desperately trying to find guts for a passenger side door with manual window for a 92" manche .

Also before the snow hits next week , thats right folks next week ,I need to fix
my wiper bushings and figure out WTF is wrong with my wipers .
No its not a cheesy ford with overpriced chinaman parts , but someone has to work on Jeeps around here ...:moon:

-14 bolt: shaved, geared, Lincoln locked, disked, truss, pinion guard

-Adapters for the front 44, 5x5.5 to 8x6.5, 1'' wide

-231/300

-Hopefully 37x12.50x17 MTRs

just trying to do the fracking brakes right now, and weld up my BTF diff cover, and install my pinion guard

Picked up a tailgate from U-Pull yesterday and damn near broke my nose last night pulling the plastic trim of the current hatch to gain access to the latch mechanism. I'm sporting a swollen proboscis of great dimension today.

:gee:

nice. I will have to stop by this week. Try not to get too much better by Friday. :)

you know its all in jest.... you taking your chinese dollies to the quarters/fenders above your steel flares too??

you should remove them in such a way as one of these suckers might pay you for the.... round eye.

I'll be going over to frankz to acquire his plasma cutter and welder. he doesnt know it, but its going to happen

Back