• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ JEGS Exhaust, Stock Exhaust, No Exhaust, Video

96Sportxj

NAXJA Forum User
Replaced my original muffler, CAT, and tail pipe with the below and took some video along the way for anyone interested.

Upgrade:
-JEGS Turbo SS 2.5" exhaust (re-branded Dynomax?)
-Walker CAT
-BOSCH o2 sensors
-Reset computer

https://youtu.be/VJfPKzqneag

PxBprzO.jpg

o2 Sensor
u5e6owj.jpg

CAT was a mess and should have been replaced years ago..
poO7bk0.jpg

Last edited:
Put 50miles today on the new exhaust. First 30 miles had the check engine light on, Then it went off so hopefully the computer has worked itself out.

The drone while accelerating is way too loud that you cant talk over it. However, at cruising speed it is pretty quiet.

Also deff a major improvement in power and response. I am sure most of which is from the new CAT though.

Quality seems decent enough, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't stainless steel, it looks galvanized. But for the current price of 135$ shipped I would buy it again.

I will update with mpg numbers next time I buy gas. Last fill up I got 14.4mpg. To see everything I have done to the jeep check out my thread.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=246434241#post246434241

MPG is up to 15mpg under similar mostly city driving. Hoping to get in a long hwy trip soon and will post up the hwy miles.

Also downloaded a Decidable meter on my phone: *Of course the below also includes engine and air noise.
+/- 5db
Idle: 65db
FWY: 71db
Onramp: 78db

Year update. Jeep is still running strong. So far my best mpg was driving 800ish miles round trip towing two jetskis a 3 wheeler and as much crap as we could fit inside of the jeep and onto the trailer. Couple of huge grades to drive up and still managed just over 18mpg.

0WjFxys.jpg

Back