• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

350 conversion

txredxj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 350 and 350 trans and i was wondreing if anyone makes a motor mount kit or pad adapters. or plans to make my own would work to. any help would be apreciated.

Check out Advanced Adapters.

what are you planning for exhaust manifolds and for a radiator. I found those to be much larger obstacles then the simple motor mounts.

Is it carbed or TBI? Carbed would suck at extreme angles compared to the XJ's factory fuel injection. Mines propane.

ashmanjeepxj said:
what are you planning for exhaust manifolds and for a radiator. I found those to be much larger obstacles then the simple motor mounts.

Is it carbed or TBI? Carbed would suck at extreme angles compared to the XJ's factory fuel injection. Mines propane.

What did you end up doing for a radiator and exhaust manifolds that worked? I'm planning to swap a late model GM 5.3 into an MJ. Jeff

im sure if you got the block hugging headers you wouldnt have to much of an issue http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10001_10002_16959_-1

and for a radiator i would say get a smaller sized 4 row that you can possibly put more twards the grill with electric fans that push and dont pull the air so they can go on the other side. ( will still have to do plenty of cutting and bracket fabbing to fit) and there is the steering box issues every one seems to have. putting the engine and tranny in is easy making everything else work around it seems to be the opposite.

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
What did you end up doing for a radiator and exhaust manifolds that worked? I'm planning to swap a late model GM 5.3 into an MJ. Jeff

I chose a cheap generic summit aluminum dual 1in core radiator, but I had to remove the steering box to fit it. I sold my hydro assist setup and bought full hydraulic steering for the same $$$.

I use Factory Car Ram horn exhaust manafolds.

I used a stock mechanical fan with no fan shroud and it stays cool, Id liek to go electric for deep water crossign I coudl turn the fan off, the mechanical one is risky in deep water.

I made my own engine mounts. 1.75in polly joints.

i was gonna use the block huggers and cut as needed. i dont really know about the radiator. guess ill cross that bridge when i get there. i am gonna use the carb set up on it now and go FI later.

bout a year ago JP magazine stuffed a SBC into an XJ, might see if that back issue is still available

Back