• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would you consider picking up another XJ?

johnlv6

NAXJA Forum User
I've currently got a 97 4.0 with 156k. I'm toying with the idea of picking up either a TJ or another XJ with lower miles (leaning more towards another XJ). I'm happy with mine, so i'd definately be hanging onto it. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

John

p.s. I originally picked my XJ up for a beater, that's why i didn't worry too much about the high mileage (i had a newer car). I've since gotten rid of the car and kept this for a daily driver.

This is the one i found. A 2001 with 55k miles.
439205628.201359796.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I dont think you realize who you are asking, but yes.

Before I'd pick ip another XJ I would think about a membership. Oh wait done. Yeah I've thought about it. Get a later, lower mileage model and swap out the axles and lift. Hmmm...

karstic said:
Before I'd pick ip another XJ I would think about a membership. Oh wait done. Yeah I've thought about it. Get a later, lower mileage model and swap out the axles and lift. Hmmm...

I'm trying to fill that out at the moment actually....what's up with the form? It won't let me select a State, membership type, or when i'll pay dues?

Either an XJ or TJ would be a good choice, however if you look at TJ's look at 'unlimiteds', it's longer and more room inside. We have 3 in the family now, the YJ needs a new frame, we got one, prepped it, cleaned it, painted it and are getting it ready for a weekend swap over. It would be much easier if the rusted frame YJ did not have 44's abnd the *new* frame 30/35 so we have to do that part too...and of course it's a good time to throw those OME springs on as well as the 1" body lift....

I did the membership thing :). I'm going to have to give it some thought. I've found a few that are pretty reasonable and are built already. I'd get a kick out of doing the work myself...but i'll never have thousands lying around that i'll be willing to spend on lift kits and accessories.

johnlv6 said:
I did the membership thing :). I'm going to have to give it some thought. I've found a few that are pretty reasonable and are built already. I'd get a kick out of doing the work myself...but i'll never have thousands lying around that i'll be willing to spend on lift kits and accessories.

TJ's and YJ's are to me easier to work on and modify and there is alot bigger selection in aftermarket parts. You being where you are almost all vehicles are going to be in better shape than any up this way in the NE...road salt is one stealthy bitch...

heck yes i would buy another, i have two right now, wheel them both and also maintain a cj-7 in close to stock form. its about that time for my sister to be driving i am probably going to go buy her an xj too

will run XJ's t'il they pry them from my cold dead hands....hey wait ...thats my gun...oh well, my XJ's too. Can you ever really have to many XJ's?

Another XJ huh? I'm not that picky. The voice of reason nearly missed me last week when I went to look at a cj2a to put in the drive next to the xj and the mj. You're asking a bunch of whores if they know how to say, "no".

Log off and try coming back with a tougher question.

:D

I have two right now. Got a 2001 and a 98 the 98 is stock with 235 BFG AT/KOs I love that thing in the winter time. If your going DD with the price of gas I wouldn't do much more than a 2" BB lift or close to that with 30s a good 29 or 30" tire will keep your pocketbook in check better than a lifted rig with big tires.

Back