• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone near Bakersfield CA who can pull parts?

alloriginaltone

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Everyone -

I am looking to pull doors from a 2001 XJ in Bakersfield, CA.
I am in the rust belt in Pittsburgh PA and I am looking to replace doors on my XJ. I can't get to Bakersfield to do it myself.

Please let me know if you have any tips. Obviously, I will also have to ship them - which is a different - but related problem.

Thank you.

Hi Everyone -

I am looking to pull doors from a 2001 XJ in Bakersfield, CA.
I am in the rust belt in Pittsburgh PA and I am looking to replace doors on my XJ. I can't get to Bakersfield to do it myself.

Does the wrecking yard have a pull and ship option?
I have bought out of state parts before and the yard removed and shipped them...for a price. it was still a lot cheaper than driving a thousand miles.

yes - they are color matched as well as the windows are tinted correctly.

Makes sense now -- Sienna Pearl, had to look for pictures -- Not many of them running around here that color

I guess you could always have doors painted but that will cost as much, if not more, than shipping these in from Cali

I'm in the same boat. 2000 2 door sienna Pearl. My friend is taking the jeep and she'd like to paint it, so hopefully we can find a clean passenger door in any color and paint it that way

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I contacted a mobile mechanic over craigslist and he was awesome. Went to the yard and took photos. Was going to remove them and put them on a greyhound bus...but I decided against them on the basis they were manual windows and I have electric. Too much work to swap when you’re talking about 4 doors.

As far as packaging...I ended up with a brilliant plan...box for flatscreen tv from U-Haul. Telescoping box with foam. Perfect for the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back