• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tenative Trail Schedule

The county may also have a ban. We need to follow up on this.

I may not make it to ColoradoFest. I am currently scheduled to have major surgery that week.

Fred's got it covered, Tom -- hope your major surgery comes out minor!

Chaffee County Stage I fire restrictions in effect until further notice.

Prohibits building, maintaining, or attending any open fire within Chaffee County. The ordinance applies “throughout the unincorporated areas of Chaffee County, including public, private, state, and applicable federal lands.”

Excluded from a Stage I fire ban (therefore still allowed during this stage) are:

**Campfires, warming fires and charcoal fires within a permanent constructed fire grate in a developed public campground or picnic ground or permanent constructed fire grate or fire ring in a commercial campground or on private property.

**LP gas or liquid fueled stoves that allow the operator to turn the appliance on or off.

**Fireplaces within enclosed buildings equipped with fire screens on the flue.

**Charcoal grill fires at private residences.

Well....that's mighty white of you Fred. How about baby back ribs, slow cooked, and hand rubbed St. Louis style? With a bit of hot BBQ sauce on the side and some cole slaw?

Jim & Lynn from down south.

You buy em, I'll cook em. I don't even see baby backs in the stores anymore, just those fake cut down spare ribs. I have no problem with sitting around all day cooking and drinking. Someone else may have to serve them though. :)

Hey, Tom, you still have my trail guide from the last time we were at Buena Vista together. Any chance of getting it to me? Anyone else have the trail guide for that area?

The ususal plan is that we all meet by 9 AM, and using the outline that was posted, agree on a trail. If there are enough people, we have split into two or more groups.

I am a bit over weight but the real problem is that I have a bad case of diabetes brought on by a pituitary surgery a couple of decades ago that actually caused the weight gain. So I am having a specialized form of bariatric surgery where they remove about 6 feet of my small intestine and replumb a bunch of stuff. It should pretty much cure my diabetes before it causes any more damage.

I will also be getting an adominal hernia repaired that was caused by an accident a few months ago. I was standing on a stool, leaning over the radiator on my wifes car working on the back of the engine, when the stool shot out. The hook that holds the hood closed sticks up about 3 inches and I basically impaled myself on it about an inch above my navel. Talk about hurting:rattle:

Not really looking forward to the process, but looking forward to the result.

I had my gall bladder removed back in may, but it was pretty wimpy compared to what you're going to have. I suspect you'll be out of commission for a couple weeks. Good luck, see you next summer at CO Fest.

no shite, Tom, that is some serious work -- you gonna be a shadow of your former self, ala Al Roker, when all is said and done?? :D

I've gotten a giant chunk of my intestine removed. While i hope it all pans out well be sure to take care of what you eat. definitely.changes how your stomach reacts to stuff.

Mine were only one week apart. No NSAIDS for 10 days. I was one sore puppy.

Back