• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event Information

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ARROWHEAD POINT CAMPGROUND & CABINS
33975 US Hwy 24 N
Buena Vista, CO 81211
719-395-2323

January 21, 2012

Re: Colorado Chapter of Naxja
July 22-28, 2012 (7 nights)

Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins, in Buena Vista, Colorado is reserving Group 2 in the tenting area (private and in the trees) for the dates mentioned above. The group rate will be $8 per person per night for NAXJA members and $10 per person per night for non-mmebers. Children under the age of 5 will be FREE! If anybody would like to book a cabin/yurt/cottage, please have call the campground and mention that you are with NAXJA to receive a 10% discount on any lodging accommodations. Active military gets a 15% discount for any lodging with the campground. We will charge any active military non-member, the member price if they stay in the group site. Please check-in with the hosts when you arrive, and tell them you are with NAXJA. We will be collecting the fees for the group site.

We are reserving the Outdoor Pavilion on Friday, July 27th from 5-10 p.m. with the event size gas fired grill for our use. This will be the night of the raffle and group BBQ.

So let's start posting up who will make it.

Thanks,

Fred

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the info. The wife and I planned our summer vacation around this and are really looking forward to wheeling in Colorado. Time to get out of the "mudwest".

John

Good info to know. Now I can start planning what I need to get together for this trip. I'll be trailing John and his wife out of the Chicago area.

Let the planning commence.

I would recommend making a reservation soon for a cabin or RV site, Cathy said people start calling right about now.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, planning to see ya this year. Thom

Thanks guys, planning to see ya this year. Thom
Remember Thom, if you piss off the campground guys again, you are gone. The last two times you came you almost got the whole group ejected. I will not stand for that, no matter who is right or wrong.

Well looks like a new year and a new jeep for Buena vista!

Im 90% sure I'll be there

Remember Thom, if you piss off the campground guys again, you are gone. The last two times you came you almost got the whole group ejected. I will not stand for that, no matter who is right or wrong.
Well Hi to you too Tom. I think it's wrong for you to blame me like that for serving everyone BBQ & beer at my camper only one time 2 years ago. We were all there, including you, at 6: PM w/ music & talking. None of us thought the manager would complain.

Well Hi to you too Tom. I think it's wrong for you to blame me like that for serving everyone BBQ & beer at my camper only one time 2 years ago. We were all there, including you, at 6: PM w/ music & talking. None of us thought the manager would complain.

Thom, you always think you are right and are never to blame. The real problem was with you getting in an arguement with the campground management. Every time you have been at a ColoradoFest event you have gotten in a pissing match with the campground management and because of you we were basically asked not to come back. There will be ZERO tolerance of you pissing off the campground management. If you can't live within the rules and respect authority, don't bother to come.

I'll be there, one person with one rig and I'll need a tent spot with the group.
Thanks
Ken

What days will people being running trails, and which trails will be taken?

I cant be there for the entire week, but would like to meet some of the guys off here and hit some of the tougher trails. Chinaman's and carnage are a lot of fun.

It is time to try out the new upgrades on the XJ: new lift and hybrid cage.
15568190_large.jpg

15568187_large.jpg

Going to try and make it with the buggy in tow...but I'd probably camp-out at the Chinamans/Carnage trailhead and just hangout at the campsite when everyones there.

Don't need to lose any sleep to a "Saved By the Bell Gang" again...who are ironically my freinds now (smallllll world) :D

Thank you for posting the info. The wife and I planned our summer vacation around this and are really looking forward to wheeling in Colorado. Time to get out of the "mudwest".

John

Can I ride with you John? :D I'm out here right now. Haven't even left yet and I already want to come back!

Ya there are showers there. The bathroom set up with showers is pretty decent actually, just at the bottom of the hill from group site. I might try to come out for the friday saturday timeframe to kick it. No wheeling for me though, unless I think I can get the dodge through chinamens.... hmmmm

Yeah, no need to call ahead. Just check in and tell them you are with NAXJA. I get to deal with all the fun stuff.

Fred,

I plan to camp with you guys on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I tried to reserve a site with you by calling Cathy, but she said I would have to either reserve a spot adjacent to the NAXJA sites or just hope there is a spot when I arrive on Thursday.

Will there be a spot for me to camp with the NAXJA crew, park my truck with trailer, and Jeep or should I reserve a spot? Would like to meet everyone and hang out, but not thrilled about paying $32 a night for an adjacent spot when I can camp down the road for $0 and drive in the mornings. Let me know. Thanks.

John.

PS It will just be me, the wife, and the 2 dogs.

The group site can fit up to 40 tents, I believe, so just show up and tell them you are with NAXJA. We may have to move people around, who knows. I believe they have extra parking. Most campgrounds that host jeeps do. I haven't been there, so anyone who has should chime in.

Back