• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got to get new brake rotors on the car and get both mowers fixed this weekend plus go to work for a couple hours tomorrow plus take my son to the airport Sunday in Nashville so he can fly to his mom's for spring break. And since UPS is run by idiots I won't be getting the gas tank, sender and gauge in the XJ.

Got the replacement ballast last night to finally get two functioning HID's on the Jeep:

Crappy garage pic:

524128_10100318359996177_36618587_44308216_2019220846_n.jpg

Took it out in the pouring rain immediately afterwards and holy crap....HID's are where it's at! I see an upgrade in the DD in the very near future.

Installed a brand new bed mat in my '89 MJ. That's right. Brand New!!! Never used, still in the original packaging. It even says "Jeep" right across the middle and "Comanche" on the sides.

I paid a whopping $25.00 for it. That was a SCORE in my book!!

So they finally delivered it. Good deal. That was total luck that they had one still in stock. Good thing someone knew how to look up an obsolete number, huh?

Seeing as how he's yet to post any pictures of it, I'm wondering if it even exists!!! :D

To all the naysayers....Of course if Ed hadn't done some diggin, I wouldn't have it. Thanks!
Bedmat.jpg

Bedmat1.jpg

I also got some new H4 headlights and turn signal/marker lights installed, along with a newer grill and headlight surrounds.

NewLights1.jpg

NewLights.jpg

The work is still going on. I plan on body work, paint job, new tires, and some bucket seats. There is a plan to the madnes....well maybe.

^^^ Thats friggen awesome. Sweet find, and for a deal too.

Epic Day @ URE!

Got the replacement ballast last night to finally get two functioning HID's on the Jeep:

Crappy garage pic:

524128_10100318359996177_36618587_44308216_2019220846_n.jpg

Took it out in the pouring rain immediately afterwards and holy crap....HID's are where it's at! I see an upgrade in the DD in the very near future.

what kit are you running for your HID's? I already have the housing..just need a good ballast and bulb...

Awesome! so how is the cutoff and what about the color and distance?

I am guessing the 5k is pretty white with maybe a hint of blue?

Cut off is going to depend on your lens to truly run a hid you are supposed to have true projectors but the only way to get a true projector that i have seen in our housings is to retrofit. So the cut off has nothing to do with the hid kit its going to be the lens you use. 5000K is supposed to be pure white at 35 watts if you go 55 watts they you definitely are looking at white. The distance is amazing I have never had another light that I am able to see as clear and as far with. But again the way we have it set up is not the right way I would love to get some true projectors to run these HID's. Hopefully nick is working on that lol.

Building a plate bumper for my buddies Subaru Forester. He has taken this thing through some crazy trails for what it is....

Also sending Glen motivational texts while he is attempting his rear fender trim...lol. He's off to a good start.

IMG_20120402_112046.jpg

IMG_20120402_112024.jpg

Got the majority of the mounting brackets done for it. He wanted to use 10 Ga., so thats what im using.

IMG_20120402_202633.jpg

IMG_20120402_202757.jpg

Back