• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

October AAT Workday(s) 10/26/19 (and 27th?)

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
We will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the 2N49 trailhead. The trailhead is located at the East End of Palm Avenue. Take the Palm / Kendall exit off the I-215.

The plan is to start trimming brush back 2N49. It would be nice to camp and hit 2N04 on Sunday morning. 2N04 should take about a half day. For the trimming and brushing on Saturday we can use all the help we can get. TIA

Camping would be at North Shore in Arrowhead. I know there's a few of you who could use a camping trip, myself included!

Dry camping on 2N49 is an option too. Although, having a campfire in the end of October might be a good thing. That leaves North Shore is the only option.

Last edited:
I have a few factors in play, but I am hoping I can get the stars to align and make this trip.

Fingers crossed.

But, but... that's the first official Desert weekend! I guess I'll have to see what life throws at me between now and then...

Sand. It'll be throwing sand!

Lori said there was one in Waterman Canyon and that Highway 18 was closed about midday. On the way home from work this afternoon I could see smoke in the valley but nothing coming from that area.

Is everybody going to the desert? Or is anybody planning on showing up for the work day?

Yeah, I just got late notice today that we're working Saturday as well. Joy, joy, joy.

Looks like this one is canceled folks.

Back