• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego (Central-ish) Meet & Greet this Monday 7/15 6pm!!

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Come one come all, all ages, for however long you can show up. See you there!!

O'Brien's is open to people of all ages, not just 21-and-up, so bring kids if you're so inclined (not many do at this point, but they're welcome!). Also dog-friendly, to friendly dogs.

We'll be at O'Briens from 6 til whenever for great beer & appetizers (great beer batter fries & onion rings!) . They also have really good sandwiches, if you opt to eat real food there.

There's also soda & water available for non-drinkers; you don't have to drink beer!

O'Briens: 4646 Convoy St., San Diego, CA 92111
www.obrienspub.net

2 blks north of Balboa in a strip mall on the SW corner of Opportunity & Convoy. FYI, parking in the lot often sucks; park on the street if it's easier.

I'll cross post to FaceBook once I'm home later tonight...

Thanks for keeping the tradition alive Carol!

Although... I wouldn't mind if it was at Bullpen once. It is where the tradition began after all!

I plan on being there.

I'm in, can't have all you assholes drinking without me

Although... I wouldn't mind if it was at Bullpen once. It is where the tradition began after all!

I plan on being there.

Yeah, well, (a) it'll be great to see you, and (b) the beer & food at O'Brien's far outdo the silicone eye candy and crappy service at BullPen, at least from a female's perspective. I mean, seriously--having to call their phone number, from the patio, to request a waitress come out & take 8 folks' drink & food orders... really?

I'm in, can't have all you assholes drinking without me

I'm not an asshole! And I usually fail at being a biyatch, too..

See you both there!

I was sold at Silicone Eye Candy

Yeah, no.

Sorry, I'm sticking with good beer & food. You can go over there afterwards for silicone eye candy!

On my way out the door... see you there!!

I plan on being there.
actually I started the tradition with rotating locations, like Venice Pizza and Fudruckers etc... but carol keeps it going like the true champ she is, she just don't rotate like I do!!!!! OHHHH MYYYY!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

No shit ****er why don't you show up once in a while.
I know that Truck of yours runs

There aren't any gyms in the area for me to work off the food at!!!

There's one in Vista, at Lampost Pizza on Main St (by Krikorian Theaters) the First Tuesday of every month.
This one usually involves the whole table (8-20 people) pitching in $20-25 on pizza and beer; you can order separately if you want, of course.

And there's one in Kearny Mesa, at O'Brien's Pub (on Convoy) the Third Monday of every month.
This one's pay as you go, individually, though they do offer pitchers if you want to go in on one with someone/s. And Monday is "Pitcher Night"... nice discounts off their pitchers (their prices range by type -- local, strong, specialty, etc).

Back