• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July Chapter Trail Ride

Well git to gittin faster!! :D

back on topic: anyone else interested in coming up friday?

I'll actually be in the Weber River drainage, Holiday Park area (above Thousand Peaks Ranch) this weekend, but will be hanging some friends at their cabin and won't have the Jeep. Hiking, shooting (firearm and camera), horseshoes, chillin with the fam.

if ti was the next weekend i'd be headed to cali so i couldn't be up there :)

Derek,
Is this an established campground with pit toilets and designated camp sites? Or are we roughing it? Just want to tell the other half what to expect if she tags along. She believes roughing it is a hotel that doesn't offer 24-hour room service.

ha ha not an established campground just designated spots throughout the forest. but pit toilets are located at the OHV staging area and they won't be far(if i can get the spot i'm shooting for) but definitely a "roughing it" scenario. but this forest does offer 24hr room service just without the room or the fancy service :D

thanks to those that came, i had a great time. didn't take many pics but i'll post up what ones i did.

Just glad to hear the mountains are getting some. I've heard they have lowered the fire restrictions in some parts of the state. Notice if they had up there?

they hadn't up there yet, there were still signs everywhere but i think 90% or more of the camps we passed had a fire going.

Heh. I guess if it's drizzling, you are soaked, the ground is soaked and the forest ranger that comes into your camp is soaked it would be pretty hard for him to say "hey, don't you know you are going to start a fire?!?!?"

remember that is still summit county....it's not the rangers i'd be worried about.

Back