• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case wiring

blu3fan

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys.
I made a silly mistake.
I see there are two plugs going to the xfer case. one is long and comes from the passenger side.
the other runs along the transmission.
which plug goes where ?
Thanks guys !

There's a connection that runs down the drivers side of the tranny and connects to the output shaft speed sensor on the trans, right behind the mounting plate for the xfer case linkage.

These would be for the speedo sensor on the xfer case and sensor for if its in 2wd or 4wd
one runs along the transmission drivers side. the other runs along passenger side.
one is two pieces. the other one.

The indicator switch has a spring ball on the end that interfaces with the end of the mode shifter rod; for a 242 there is a yellow-black wire and a red-black wire for the switch (grounds through the transfer case shell). The speedo wire connects to the geared speedo sender. In this pic the indicator switch is left of the red label, and the speedo sender is to the right of the red label.

New_NP242.jpg

lol. I just guessed.
I guessed right cos it worked.
I needed to know which plug goes to which.
I know what both are :p

Back