• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comp Cams 68-232-4 vs 68-200-4

Jaguarjx2

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have read dozens of posts on here about cams but none comparing these two. So my question is, which cam would you recommend (preferably from actual experience). This is for my 2000 jeep Cherokee 4.0, bored 30 over with a 0630 mildly ported, stock valves and magnum springs. port matched intake and aftermarket header. 62mm throttle body. It has a 4.5" lift with 4.10 gears and a aw4 attached.

As a side note, engine was rebuilt with a 0331 head and the 68-200-4 cam but feels under powered. I plan to tear into it and check the cam timing and am planning on porting 0630 head I have and toss it in. Which is where I am debating on swapping out the cam as this will be the time to do it.

I tried to tell you already, but now I suggest you talk to Russ(there's a way about his speaking)!
Bishop-Buehl Racing (626)967-1000

The Comp Cams 68-232-4 cam is the one Russ recommends to use with his 4.6 stroker build. Call him.

Magnum springs, w/o specs that mean nothing. I used to have a grab box at work with a 3/4 race cam in it, I don't know how many times people tried to buy it with 1/4 of the cam machined off !!!!

Magnum springs, w/o specs that mean nothing. I used to have a grab box at work with a 3/4 race cam in it, I don't know how many times people tried to buy it with 1/4 of the cam machined off !!!!

3/4 Race Cam for the win!!!!:wierd:

I am on my second 68-232-4. I didn't have any complaints with the first one, but the #4 exhaust lobe flattened out on me, but I'm pretty sure that was do to other issues.

I just reinstalled a new one, and just as some advice, the cam card that comes with that cam is most likely going to be wrong. Comp prints the card with the timing events notated as @.050 however the events on the card are actually measured as @.006. Also, that cam will most likely be -4* retarded, so you may need to get an adjustable timing set. As others have said, it had good torque and a little bit of mid range but up higher it defiantly trails off. Could be from valve float, or that is just the design of the cam.

Back