• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Older Warn Trans4mer brush grille guard

nates94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have an older Warn Trans4mer grille guard? I picked up one that only has 4 mounting points. Did they come that way from Warn? Will this thing really handle an 8000lb winch? If so, anyone have installation pics?

Other than that, it's pretty burly, but I might just sell it and buy an aftermarket bumper or maybe just a front hitch instead. Thanks.

if it doesn't extend at least as far back to the factory tow hooks then I wouldn't put a winch on it.
I bet that Warn intended that unit to be bolted up with the factory tow hook brackets.

Here's some pics of the mounting points:
IMG_0677.jpg

I don't see any mounting point there worthy of recovery gear. Trying it will end badly. :)

I had one and it worked great, still using the mounts for my bumper that I have now. However, I think mine had more tie ins than that one. 8 from the stock bumper mounts(99) and then 4 on the crossmember.

I talked to Warn, pretty good customer service actually, and they sent me a PDF with part #s and install directions. For around $40 I can get brackets with 10 bolt on spots, as opposed to the two on this hillbilly bracket it came with. At least I only paid a $100 for this thing.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the PDF. The brackets are no longer available. They were pretty whimpy anyways. A machinist owes me a favor so I'm having him fab me up beefier pair that I designed. I'd advise getting tow hook brackets and bolting through them to the brush guard bracket. When you see the PDF it will make sense. Warn only rated this carrier to 6000lbs.

I had one and hated the way it hangs so low. So I cut the lower arms off and welded it to a bumper that I built. I also took the bolts out that hold it together and welded it up. It is quite beefy now. I have stalled my 9k winch in it and it's still hanging together.
main.php

main.php

Now I've got a Mile Marker E9000 to install with this thing and I'm ready to put it on. Any ideas on what type of mounting brackets or strenthening to the unibody I need to do?

Back