• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUILD: My 1987 "Wagoneer" XJ Limited

I put it in my 97 f250 that I had before the XJ. It made so much of a difference that the first thing I did with the new XJ was gut the interior and cover everything. I have never had a problem with a smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me again,
Did you put down any Dynamat under carpets? I'm thinking of doing this, but $$.

I haven't put-down carpet as yet... But I read your getting some great suggestions. :peace:

All,
I'm getting my waggy safety checked this weekend, but I apparently need the front end corner "turn signal buckets". The guy helping me while gone gave me this, but I'll get more info tomorrow. Maybe he's saying the full headlight/turnlight bucket? Don't know which side yet.
Anyone have a few laying around(lol??).

All,
I'm getting my waggy safety checked this weekend, but I apparently need the front end corner "turn signal buckets". The guy helping me while gone gave me this, but I'll get more info tomorrow. Maybe he's saying the full headlight/turnlight bucket? Don't know which side yet.
Anyone have a few laying around(lol??).

Take photos... Who knows who might have what you need!

I have a 1989 Wagoneer Limited. The driver's seat is in pretty rough shape. It was driven for a while apparently with a broken mount, and it has 219k miles anyway.

I know you scored a set of covers, but any guidance on fixing or replacing a badly worn seat?

How about a very worn leather wrapped steering wheel?

It's got the awesome oxblood/cordovan interior.

Hey Phil,

I've been following this thread and the similar one over on Cherokee Forum, but I registered to hopefully help ya out here. I used a Wheelskins cover in maroon for my steering wheel in my 1987 Wagoneer. They are very high quality. I would suggest asking for an additional thread/twine if you decide to order it (I needed to); the company sent it to me for free. I will also be buying the below linked dye to re-dye my inner leather wheel supports since they are also a bit faded.

http://wheelskins.com/original

http://www.leatherique.com/do_it_your_self_instruction/how_to_re-dye_leather.html

Hope this helps you!

S/F,

-Matt

I second the wheel skin cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's me again. I can't seem to find a drivers side orange signal marker lens. Crown, Quadratech, local junkyard, 4x4 . do you hhave one i can buy?
Tom

so I hope I get these pix on right. Here are details of my lens dilemma for 89 Wagoneer. Standard XJ for year is short and wider than what I need. (standard XJ on left- what I need on right). And pic of where this goes on grill.
Any help is appreciated. I'm actually thinking of trying to cut new to fit old lens portion I need.:rof:

duh.........been looking to find how to upload pix, with no success. I have them on my laptop, but I don't know about a URL. Help please.

Here is a link to the FAQ on how to post pictures: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1078712&highlight=post+pictures

In order to have a URL you have to first upload the pictures to someplace on the web. Photobucket is one option. There are plenty of other ways as well. Once you have them hosted somewhere you can then find the address for their location and that is the link you need in order to post them here.

thanks Anak. My problem seems to be not seeing the Manage Attachments icon, but I'll try photobucket.

(and I miss Calvin)

That FAQ write-up is a bit dated.

Once you have your pictures hosted some where you need to copy the address of the location. I usually right-click on an image and then select "copy image location", but that is my system and yours may differ.

At any rate, once you have the address and you are creating a post here on NAXJA you will find directly above the text box (where you type in the body of your post) a series of icons, beginning with a "B" for bold, followed by an I for italics. The fourth from the last icon in that row is an image of a couple of mountain peaks with sun in the upper right corner. That is the icon for inserting an image. Click on that and then insert your picture's address in the dialog box which will appear. You should then be good to go.

These are unique to the XJ Limited... So it may not be interesting to all.
Slide1_zps2qbu7sff.png

Slide3_zpsfk6l8tsg.png

Black overlay material:
222Untitled_zpsc1uvx6bt.png

Well now, I may just have to try this out one day. Need to replace the window guides and seals first before I get this detail conscious. Found a real nice looking, still after 28 years, 1989 Wagoneer Ltd Ed. near me today for sale. Do I need a pair of these? :eek:

These are unique to the XJ Limited... So it may not be interesting to all.
Slide1_zps2qbu7sff.png

Slide3_zpsfk6l8tsg.png

Black overlay material:
222Untitled_zpsc1uvx6bt.png

These will be located at sill of each four side-windows.

Well now, I may just have to try this out one day. Need to replace the window guides and seals first before I get this detail conscious. Found a real nice looking, still after 28 years, 1989 Wagoneer Ltd Ed. near me today for sale. Do I need a pair of these? :eek:

These will be located at sill of each four side-windows.

If I am not mistaken my entire part on my 85 Cherokee Pioneer has that black material on the entire part. It is peeling badly on it in places. Been bothered for some time about the lost visual appeal. But I do know it is broken, missing and peeling in places on my 87 Wagoneer.

Radio - No Plug-N-Play

Getting ready to install the radio... No Plug-N-Play on this one!

RADIO%20WIRING_1.png

If I am not mistaken my entire part on my 85 Cherokee Pioneer has that black material on the entire part. It is peeling badly on it in places. Been bothered for some time about the lost visual appeal. But I do know it is broken, missing and peeling in places on my 87 Wagoneer.

There are other models that were solid black.

There are other models that were solid black.

Yep, and it looks like mine on my 85-modified diesel (was gas) is solid black over chrome? How odd.

Thanks for the radio wiring, I need a new radio in mine, I am saving that image. I also new speakers for my front doors. Got any suggestions?

Did I mention there is beautiful looking on the out side 89 Wagoneer for sale here in Houston for $2300 right now?

I am so tempted to grab it. No sign of rust I can see and the wood sides are still real nice looking. About 225,000 miles. I hope it finds a good new owner. They are so rare now

Back