• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Looking at your trackbar setup I would mount that somehow on the other aside of the coil bucket if possible. The long the trackbar the better off you are.

Picked up the new Dana 60 today! Was able to pick it up at a junk yard near by for about $300 complete so I'm happy with that. Will probably start ordering the stuff I need next week and getting a move on with this thing!

FullSizeRender_zpsi7akppdx.jpg

Picked up the new Dana 60 today! Was able to pick it up at a junk yard near by for about $300 complete so I'm happy with that. Will probably start ordering the stuff I need next week and getting a move on with this thing!

FullSizeRender_zpsi7akppdx.jpg

be sure to check the BOM.

I may not be able to tell from the picture but that looks like it is from a ford super duty. If so the housing for a d50 and d60 are identical. the d50 guts are much weaker and they used to not have as many lockers and gears available (that may have changed)

One of the other things with the super duty is the lug pattern is metric so go get the rear axle that was on the same truck so you can run the same wheels front and rear. (which will probably be a sterling 10.5 which will be a much stronger rear axle than a d60)

Nathan
99 xj with pretty much everything and the cruise control still works
build thread
https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.ph...99-XJ-Build-up

So little update. Picked up probably the smartest thing I've could of bought for this Jeep today. Gonna slow up the process a little bit but found a deal and had to jump on it. Some of the brackets should be here sometime this week so should be getting started on that soon.

IMG_0602_zpsdey8zyto.jpg

Getting started on this thing tonight! Went and picked up my tires this morning and the rest of my brackets came in earlier today. Gonna try to get as much done tonight as I can see how far I get.

c91661387723df29655a85044e7c3156.jpg

86ef89bebea6887c5c8f959bec7ecadd.jpg

Calling it a night. Got a good bit done over all today. Got two of the 40s mounted up and on the rear axle to help me visualize ride height for the 3 link, Got the the coil buckets and lower mounts on the axle. For the driver side I tried to cut as little as possible out of the pumpkin. I did happen to grind a small hole in it though, no biggie though just welded it back up and forget about it. Got the frame brackets tacked in and PVC lowers mocked up. From the looks of it will work but still need to check tire clearance. The upper PVC mock link is just hanging there at that moment. Might get to tacking it in tomorrow and then the process of cutting out my floor to gain the separation I need between the lowers and upper. Other than that pretty success full night. Will try to get back to it tomorrow.

IMG_0655_zpst6vbmfms.jpg

IMG_0656_zpsmptmgpgt.jpg

IMG_0657_zpss5myqyac.jpg

IMG_0658_zpsj6kfei2j.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsmaxzkedt.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsr82vzotu.jpg
[

Got some more done today. Had to knock off a little early to rest for work tonight. Got the upper frame bracket in, made a stiffener plate that I welded to the unibody first then welded the bracket to that. Also plated the hole in my floor as much as I could. I might do a little more work to it a little later on but as for right now it will do. All the links are cut and fitted will probably be this coming weekend before I'll be able to get those burnt in also going to take the axle with me to get the tubes welded to the diff and to come up with some kind of truss to keep my upper on my axle tube. Next thing I'll be trying to get ahold of it some steering components then after that track bar stuff..

IMG_0670_zpsyxhatwno.jpg

IMG_0671_zpslfmgunuo.jpg

IMG_0672_zps470o3pv1.jpg

IMG_0673_zpsfvfb7it2.jpg

IMG_0675_zps58sr4xlj.jpg

IMG_0677_zpsfsoiwg0q.jpg

Picked up some flat tops today. Luckily I have a local shop around here that does them so didn't have to deal with sending mine off or anything. Also order what I need to build a track bar and front frame stiffeners. Since I kept my track bar off my 44 and the heims were in decent shape I am going to reuse them for now.

6f39c609f847a37e5bf71df73ff839bd.jpg

More to add! Track bar stuff got here pretty quick. Order all of it from Barnes4wd, Got it mocked up this morning between work and class. Looks like it will work out just fine with the high steer.. Frame stiffeners were suppose to be here today but didn't show so I guess it will more than likely this coming week. I just tacked the frame mount on so I could get a track bar put to gather. I'll knock it up and weld the stiffeners down first. Also loaded up the axle to get all the brackets burnt in and to get a upper control arm mount brace put in.

IMG_0694_zps1umx76sy.jpg

IMG_0710_zpsuiogbfkx.jpg

IMG_0711_zps6qrkg8pl.jpg

IMG_0712_zps4earr1lc.jpg

IMG_0713_zps5loliufj.jpg

Hopefully you just tacked the body side track bar mount for mock up and don't plan on burning it in like that. Otherwise you will destroy your uni body

Pretty much all the fab work is done with the axle now. I do want to had a little extra piece to the truss behind the track bar bracket but other than that its done. Everything is burnt in even the tubes. Now its time for some gears. Will be ordering them soon as I can still kinda debating on just gearing the front to match the rear with 4.88s or gearing both to 5.13s but I probably won't make up my mind till I push the "submit order" button lol. Also got all the links burnt in as well.

IMG_0719_zpsxqhn9vlq.jpg

IMG_0720_zpsptkdkqmn.jpg

IMG_0721_zpszuh4wm7e.jpg

IMG_0725_zpsnoccivax.jpg

IMG_0726_zpsyyth6beg.jpg

IMG_0727_zpsyeraufft.jpg

IMG_0728_zpswdkywpzw.jpg

IMG_0732_zpsp4vbpjsk.jpg

Back