• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Craigslist scammers

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I had a weird deal fall thru yesterday and ended up contacting the local FBI. I put a boring head up for sale (700$), this person sent me a check (bogus one) for $2200 to cash and give the balance to the person who supposedly was going to pick it up! Boy was he surprised when he tried to call me back!!!

My wife got a voicemail today from publishers clearing house saying she won a prize left a call back number when she called it she got no answer probably a scam of some kind ?

Be care with using your cell phone (I had one of those text's yesterday on a another add), I try to do this of stuff over my "secure land-line"

That's like an old scam now. I thought everyone new. Hint...the check is no good. Most of the time they don't even want what they are buying, just trying to get someone on a hook.

My dad is getting a little alzheimer's and started to fall for that last year. He even setup a meeting place. I got it stopped in time. What pissed me off was he even setup a meeting place and we couldn't get the cops to show up. It would have been an easy snag. I even told them I thought there would be a dog to shoot....no go.

Be care with using your cell phone (I had one of those text's yesterday on a another add), I try to do this of stuff over my "secure land-line"

Unfortunately we don't have a land line she hadn't heard back from whoever it was that contacted her.

My dad is getting a little alzheimer's and started to fall for that last year. He even setup a meeting place. I got it stopped in time. What pissed me off was he even setup a meeting place and we couldn't get the cops to show up. It would have been an easy snag. I even told them I thought there would be a dog to shoot....no go.

AFAIAC, if the law abdicates then it is my responsibility to take care of business.

It is a shame that criminals have become a protected class.

Craigslist scammers are ridiculous. I was helping my sister to try to sell a high value item and eventually got so many scammer texts that I told them to **** off. They responded by insulting me and my family and threatening to kill me on my way to work on Christmas eve.

Don't sweat it it's only October.

Like the Microsoft scammers, I'll mess with them as long as I have patience for... And if I have nothing else to do. I've even listed fake ads for absolutely nothing but a super high price and it draws them like flies to honey.

Back