• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mud Flap Ideas?

JungleJames

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Y'all,

I know most folks like the look of exposed tire, I do too. But after getting in and out of my Jeep today with factory offset change I'm grabbing at mud every time I go for the door handle just driving down forest roads.

I screwed in some extended flares, they look good but don't stop the tires from slinging mud up the side.

What type of mudflaps are you running? I'd love to see some ideas. I'm thinking some Rally or Baja style of flexible material might be smart.

I have 33x 12.5" tires, I wish I had flaps too. If you dont roll up the door glass for water crossings, you will get a shower with the window down. Wide tires toss stuff everplace.

I am interested on solutions, but I suspect flaps are not too long lasting if you do rock crawling, with extreme wheel articulation. I Reckon Id hit them and break them off.

I'm working on fenders to make wet trips enjoyable again. I steer clear of mud when possible but it just doesn't work .
I dont quite have 100% coverage over the 33x12.5s :(
3d558d0d5a21cf49591a2976ac36fbdf.jpg
a702a8f6700e2e0898c18699ce762b1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know the bushwacker flakes are kind of dated but they extend out far enough to keep me protected.

I've always liked 'em, even though they have fallen out of style.

Me too.

I miss Yosemite Sam and the mudflap girls.

Although The Bride swore if I ever put mudflap girls on one of my trucks she would find a way to remove them, and a bit more besides.

Back