• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reader's Rig's

Here's my new toy on the day it came home:
showphoto.php

showphoto.php
EDIT: Since I can't post pics yet, you get the linkage, I guess.
showphoto.php
http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=12230Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Spectaculars:
  • '92, 4.0, AW4, NP231
  • 30x9.5 BFG A/T KOs
  • Leaking steering box
  • Gacked-up driver's door
  • Oh, and a crappy CD player (w00t...)
EDIT: Ahh hell, just pretend like you can't read my license plates.

Last edited:
i am new to this site from Australia

here is my rig (Super Girl)

with only 2" lift, 31's, Snorkel, ARB winch bar, Ranco RSX Shocks

she goes up to 4" this week and if i have time the TJ flares will go on too

DSC_2904.sized.jpg

DSC_2908.sized.jpg

DSC_2917.sized.jpg

TheAlmightySam said:
Here's my new toy on the day it came home:
showphoto.php

showphoto.php
EDIT: Since I can't post pics yet, you get the linkage, I guess.
showphoto.php
http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=12230Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Spectaculars:
  • '92, 4.0, AW4, NP231
  • 30x9.5 BFG A/T KOs
  • Leaking steering box
  • Gacked-up driver's door
  • Oh, and a crappy CD player (w00t...)
EDIT: Ahh hell, just pretend like you can't read my license plates.

You can post pics, anyone can post pics, no matter how many posts you have. You just need to host them from somewhere, like Photobucket.com or tinypic.

Thank you! Aside from the gack on the driver's door and the right fender being a little messed up, the paint is pretty much flawless on it. It was resprayed sometime in its life and looks quite nice for its age. It's a nice rig, I'm really happy with my new-found toy.

Very nice, Love the Blue and Silver.

Bring it down to Tillamook next weekend so we can break it in.

:scottm:

99, 4.0, AW4, Np242, about 83,000 miles. Only performance mod has been a Rusty's cat back with a Delta 40, and a 3" flowmaster exhaust tip. I did add a set of the nice in channel vent shades last week and love the look of them over the old stick on ones that I used to have on there.

hpim1104ys6.jpg

this is my first XJ!

35b4re2.jpg

just picked it up saturday. i'd like to here any ideas yall might have on what all to do with it.

blackjeep.jpg

im thinkin about paintin it a flat black what do yall think?

sea monster said:
this is my first XJ!

just picked it up saturday. i'd like to here any ideas yall might have on what all to do with it.

Make sure you have recovery points and a Hi-Lift or a buddy and wheel it. Disco your front swaybar offroad and ditch the rear if you haven't already.

Flat black won't look like that. It'll be ugly in my not so humble opinion. Are you going for that look? If you want flat paint.....whatever...it's yours...do what you want. Seems a waste of time to me. Maybe satin black...

but what do I know?

sea monster said:
this is my first XJ!

35b4re2.jpg

blackjeep.jpg

That's a nice lookin jeep. I like the flat black...go for it.

If you do decide to paint it flat black I would recommend a two part paint like emron. It's about the most durable paint you can buy because it was designed to be in the most harsh chemical and ultra-violet atmospheres. They only negative is the second part, or the special thinner, required to mix the paint is so hot it will sometimes "melt" your old paint so you have to sand most of it off. It might not react with it though. However, I would still suggest trying it out on a small panel before you paint the whole vehicle. Most aircrafts are painted with a variation of this paint. If this sounds like to much trouble John Deere blitz black is also another nice option that is much easier to spray.

I'm sorry I got the thread off-topic.

Here's mine again.

347864645%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3253%3E6%3B8%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A58652%3B93nu0mrj

Pic borrowed from GeepFreak. Mines the red one.

Back