• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel bearing/hub bolts??

RBFab

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
So I broke a front axle and had to drive on it a couple miles.Yeah I know big mistake,but it was after midnight and snowing and freezing cold.I only drove like 5mph.So anyway no surprise the busted axle chewed half the heads off the bolts that hold the hub assembly in place.I figured no biggie Ill go to the 'yard and grab a few.Well the 'yards around here apparently feel that salvage parts are 'good as new',and wont even sell me the bolts unless I buy the whole hub assembly.I figure 'hey no prob I could get a few miles out of a used hub assembly'.Well the prob is that they think a USED hub assembly is worth at least $75.00!!! Yeah I can get Timkens new for $95.00,no thanks! SOOOO,my question is does anyone know where to get these bolts at a reasonable price or has anyone just used high-grade hardware store bolts? The hardware store stuff makes me nervous cause these bolts are holding your whole world together when youre cruisin down the highway!

There size 12x1.75 by 80mm long and make sure you get grade 10.25 and not 8.8 like i did haha. They should be available at any decent hardware store.

hey thanks for the reply.Yeah that was the plan as far as grade,just wanted to know if anybody had used 'em.How long have you run 'em? were they just standard hex-head? That 12point head seems unnecessary.

You can find them in any of the catalogs like Morris4x4, Quadratec, 4wd, etc & good parts stores, or shops that carry Spicer...the oe Jeep # is 34201535

thanks for the info,I guess my main thing is that I dont want to pay $7 for a bolt.That would be $42 for all of em,which I need because of a previous axle failure.Just tryin to get it back together cheap because I just bought a bunch of parts.Then again this is a life-support part,so cost shouldnt factor in.

i bought them at the dealer for 3$ i think. worth a shot to at least check if you have one near by.

Hey all,
So I broke a front axle and had to drive on it a couple miles.Yeah I know big mistake,but it was after midnight and snowing and freezing cold.I only drove like 5mph.So anyway no surprise the busted axle chewed half the heads off the bolts that hold the hub assembly in place.I figured no biggie Ill go to the 'yard and grab a few.Well the 'yards around here apparently feel that salvage parts are 'good as new',and wont even sell me the bolts unless I buy the whole hub assembly.I figure 'hey no prob I could get a few miles out of a used hub assembly'.Well the prob is that they think a USED hub assembly is worth at least $75.00!!! Yeah I can get Timkens new for $95.00,no thanks! SOOOO,my question is does anyone know where to get these bolts at a reasonable price or has anyone just used high-grade hardware store bolts? The hardware store stuff makes me nervous cause these bolts are holding your whole world together when youre cruisin down the highway!
wow, they're tards it sounds like. Jeff (JrTxJ) already posted the part number, use it on zmjeeps.com and you'll find the bolts for like a buck or three iirc. I use them for most of the bolts I buy because they're about the cheapest I can find aside from going directly to grainger/fastenal etc.

There size 12x1.75 by 80mm long and make sure you get grade 10.25 and not 8.8 like i did haha. They should be available at any decent hardware store.
Not sure where this 10.25 is coming from... second time I've seen you use it :confused1

EDIT: ah crap, looks like Jeff also posted the zmjeeps link for them, I should read the whole thread before posting

EDIT2: Further, junkyards around me consider bolts "pocket items" (not kidding) - if you bring one up and try to pay they look at you funny and say to take it. Shoot me a PM if you end up needing some other wacky bolt you can't find anywhere, and they're yours for cost of shipping the next time I hit the yard. Just don't ask for a serp belt tensioner bolt or a gas tank bolt, I hate those darn things and buy them new just like every other sucker :D

Last edited:
The bolts are grade 10.9 !

The part number came from the MOPAR parts catalog (I've verified it just in case) so it should fit great.

Back