• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POLLS ARE OPEN!!!!!

Not that im gonna vote for the guy but doesn't Abstain run in every election?

Rew'before someone complains'Ster

A vote for me is not a vote for the other two guys!

I promise to make it cold this winter (and maybe spring, I have to call Al).

Bylaws said:
  • Membership:
    • a. The right to participate fully in the activities of the Corporation and to receive any benefits which shall accrue to Members.
    • b. For purposes of voting and as otherwise provided in these by-laws, the collective body of Members in the Corporation.
Section 2: Membership Classifications
  1. Individual: Includes all persons who wish to join as an individual member and their immediate family.
[/QOUTE]

That is correct, but members can, and I, as per Rev's Membership, are a Member.

I have votes to cast that may impact this election and have the right to cast them.

Well, if she was not a paid member, than she would not have been allowed.

That was clearly an oversite on the bod's part.

One vote per paying member.

"IF" we allowed Susie to vote, do you understand the can of worms that would be opened? Everyones wife and adult children then would vote.

???

She HAS voted in every election to this one.

I care less about a can of worms that poorly written bylaws bring upon us.

As stands, per the bylaws, she IS allowed to vote. If you want to rewrite the bylaws that is fine, there is a process for that, but as it stands NOW, she is allowed to cast her vote like any other member. I found out she could not when she tried today, I was sure it was a bug, but now I am seeing it was intentional.

The solution is easy, allow the votes, then change the bylaws outside of an election cycle.

I am staying calm and do not want this to become a major issue, as it should not, yet.

Back