• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size recommendations

Sub Zero

NAXJA Forum User
So after a fiasco with my suspension upgrade, I finally got my new lift and shocks done. RE 3.5 leafs and RE 1.75 coil spacers. The leafs ended up giving me 5" of lift si I used the coil spacers to help level it and ended up with around 4.75" in the front with OME shocks all the way around. I wasn't planning on a bigger lift, but since the leafs gave me so much extra lift I just went for it. Now my 31s are looking pretty small, so I'm looking for tire size recommendations without cutting my fenders. I will also be getting different wheels to get better back spacing. I'll post a pic as soon as I remember how. Thanks

Resized_20181008_152809_2840_zps3gxzqlo9.jpeg.html

I'm about the same lift size as you and I run a 265/75/16 on stock Jeep rims. I think it fits perfectly with a trimmed front fender and a cut and fold rear.

41773409394_fb2bd2b8be_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_2929_2 by Dirk DeYoung, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm about the same lift size as you and I run a 265/75/16 on stock Jeep rims. I think it fits perfectly with a trimmed front fender and a cut and fold rear.

41773409394_fb2bd2b8be_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_2929_2 by Dirk DeYoung, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm really on the fence about cutting the fenders. I know I could get away with 33s if I end up cutting them, but I kinda like the look of the stock flares

I went with 32's and stock flares on my 5.5" lift, with no sheet metal cutting or folding. Full stuff and no rubbing anywhere. I do have a tube front bumper, so that provides adequate front clearance.

I know I can't do that with 33's without hacking into sheetmetal, and my setup suits my needs just fine otherwise.

I was running 33's with some trimming and rubbing. I now only run 265/75/16's without issue, I won't be going back. I use to change out the tires/wheels just for wheeling but it's just not worth it!

I went with 32's and stock flares on my 5.5" lift, with no sheet metal cutting or folding. Full stuff and no rubbing anywhere. I do have a tube front bumper, so that provides adequate front clearance.

I know I can't do that with 33's without hacking into sheetmetal, and my setup suits my needs just fine otherwise.

I'd like to get a front bumper eventually, but I have no problem with trimming the bumper end caps for now 8f needed

Here is an old photo of mine.
4" lift and 33 X 10.50-15s, on stock rims.https://flic.kr/p/7gw7nr
The fenders have been trimmed and the flares moved upward.

Last edited:
I love all the silver ones! Front is 3" w/ 31's and my other one is 5.5" on 265's.
IMG_0379_zps6bvsh5yi.jpg

4.5" lift and 31" tires if the point of all this is vehicle capability. 33s work really well at the mall at that height.

4.5" lift and 31" tires if the point of all this is vehicle capability. 33s work really well at the mall at that height.

My jeep basically gets driven to work and used for my hunting rig. I really just need more ground clearance than anything

If you don't plan to disconnect the front end, you may be ok with 32s. If you think you'll ever disconnect the front 32s will contact and likely remodel the fender.

I wouldn't spend money on 33s nor trim if this is for very light hunting wheeling. Then you get into gearing issues.
32s on auto 3.55 will be noticed on any highway.
31s are a very capable tire.
What terrain do you expect to encounter?

Yes I have bump stopped to control the front end flex.

Last edited:
Back