• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

My house of 11.5 yrs is up for sale.

No house that I want to buy on the market
May be homeless soon

Offer on my house accepted. Was on the market 6days and had 4 offers. 3 10k low and 1 full price.

Still nothing we want on the market. T-30days before im moving in with my folks until further notice.
Starting to talk about building new. Wife is liking the idea of designing everything we want to our liking. I am not liking the idea of it taking 6 months.
We are meeting 2 builders on Monday. If nothing great joins the market but then we will probably go that route...

In other news, accepted a promotion at work. This is my 3rd promotion in 2yrs with Amazon. I am now part of the Sr Management team. I am not sure how comfortable I am with the rate of promotions. Am I great at what i do? or do people fly off the shelf's faster than product around here? Only time will tell. My goal, make building improvements and be there for the techs. Old management seemed to not give a rats ass about the guys on the floor. Get some leadership experience and build my resume so if they do can me, I can find something quick lol.

Offer on my house accepted. Was on the market 6days and had 4 offers. 3 10k low and 1 full price.

Still nothing we want on the market. T-30days before im moving in with my folks until further notice.
Starting to talk about building new. Wife is liking the idea of designing everything we want to our liking. I am not liking the idea of it taking 6 months.
We are meeting 2 builders on Monday. If nothing great joins the market but then we will probably go that route...

In other news, accepted a promotion at work. This is my 3rd promotion in 2yrs with Amazon. I am now part of the Sr Management team. I am not sure how comfortable I am with the rate of promotions. Am I great at what i do? or do people fly off the shelf's faster than product around here? Only time will tell. My goal, make building improvements and be there for the techs. Old management seemed to not give a rats ass about the guys on the floor. Get some leadership experience and build my resume so if they do can me, I can find something quick lol.

Congrats on the promotion.. hopefully wherever the new house is.. its not Illinois.

I had an interview with Amazon Air a few weeks ago. Very uneasy feeling about the whole thing, if they call with an offer, it will have to REALLY blow me away to consider taking it.

ab83c513aef08c4c121b3dd50bc5d180.jpg

mac ‘never know where trouble will find you’ gyvr

How far would you guys drive for a rust free jeep? Looking at another comanche that's rust free but it's 4 hour away. Thinking it's worth the drive to get it instead of doing rust repair on one I have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How far would you guys drive for a rust free jeep? Looking at another comanche that's rust free but it's 4 hour away. Thinking it's worth the drive to get it instead of doing rust repair on one I have.

I am going to need to drive a lot further than that... It will be coming sooner then later for me unfortunately. I am waiting for my rusty pile to break in half (completely serious).

Not sure if I am going to do another XJ or something else...

I keep regretting selling mine, especially after taking a pay cut after having to get a new job. I want to keep miles low on my three year old car. Already put 30k on it in two years. I keep seeing xj’s just sitting or for sale and my mind gets to thinking. Hopefully in a couple years I can get a jku or jlu and enjoy jeeps again.

I went 12 for mine.

Campers! I need some pro tips. For our house situation we are planning on building. At this point we are thinking about living full time in a camper for the 6month build. Right now the plan would be to park on my parents property. There is no RV hookups like sewer, electrical, etc. My thought is to connect to the 110v via cord and adapter.
What do I need for electrical?
What do I need for water?
How often do I need to dump sewer?
Do I have to pull to campground to do that?
Can I let grey water run out to a field?
Anyone done this? Any other thoughts?

Campers! I need some pro tips. For our house situation we are planning on building. At this point we are thinking about living full time in a camper for the 6month build. Right now the plan would be to park on my parents property. There is no RV hookups like sewer, electrical, etc. My thought is to connect to the 110v via cord and adapter.

We've been living in a camper since October, still have at least a few months until I finish mostly singlehandedly building our house.

You will need at least a 30A 110 outlet to power the camper, and it's not hard to pop that breaker.

Get the white drinking water hose for water.

Cindy and I need to empty the black tank once a week. I use a macerator pump that pumps it through a garden hose. If your folks have an outside cleanout for septic or sewer you could pump into there.
They also have the portable tanks but those are really only practical for transporting across a campground.
And then there's the large tanks that go under the camper and a pumping service empties.

We just let the grey water run out.

regular 110 power is only 20 amps. That will run one a/c unit (13.5 amps on start up) and just a few things like tvs and lights.

you'll have to turn the a/c off to run the microwave, toaster, hair dryer etc.

If it was me, I'd wire up an rv outlet at their house from the breaker to make the power a non-issue.

John covered the sewer, but remember he is only him and his wife. You have your wife and two little girls...all who will use water and fill the tanks up faster than you can imagine. Unless you get a 5th wheel, the tanks won't be very big. If you can use your parents house for bathrooms and showers mostly, then you can make things last a LOT longer. If you'll be spending time in your parents house more than the camper, you can get away from having to buy a giant camper.

We have a 32 ft RV and could manage to stay in it for a bit if we sold our house and started building, but it would be tight quickly.

mac 'good luck' gyvr

Hey bitches!
Sold our house and moving to Texas in two weeks.
We will be living in our camper until our house is finished in late August.
It has been one hell of a 2019 so far, sold all of our rentals, closed our business, liquidated a bunch of shop stuff, sold our house, and my mom's house finally sold.
We have made four trips down so far but most of that is my mom and dad's stuff.
We are having Mayflower move most of our shit.
We have three trailers and three vehicles to move down though.

We will be four hours from Hobag's.

We are moving up in the hills on the edge of the high desert.

Kerrville, Texas here we come!

Seems like that's the 2019 naxja thing to do here lately is build a new house. Heck we got on the baby making wagon a few years ago, maybe we should join this wagon.

Congrats to all on building new houses tho.

Seems like that's the 2019 naxja thing to do here lately is build a new house. Heck we got on the baby making wagon a few years ago, maybe we should join this wagon.

Congrats to all on building new houses tho.

Making babies is way more fun than building houses.

We are moving up in the hills on the edge of the high desert.

Kerrville, Texas here we come!

My dad is looking at selling all his property in IL and getting a condo up that way. He wants to live in Mission in the winter and up that way in the summer. He has had enough of paying giant piles of taxes and ending up further away from what he wants every year.

I sold everything in 2018 and moved too, but lost half of everything in there somehow :D. Living the lake life and still racing vintage motocross and still have the same crazy hot Italian chick. Life is good, and McChzbaggeR 2019 is less than a month away bishes!

Cheese " fists shouldn't fit in the average butthole" Man

Buy one that drives so you can tow your jeep behind it!

Back