• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Line Info

winterparker2b

NAXJA Forum User
In the process of putting 3" lift on my '99 classic. I want to know would I be better off w/ aftermarket pre-made lines or building my own (cost wise). Also are there any cheap ways of going about this w/o replacing the lines like making longer brackets or........... I searched and guess I dont have to w/ only 3" but I want the peace of mind, besides after putting the new leafs on the axle seems to be hanging by the rear line when I jack the back of the truck up. Any info would be great, thanks!!!!

YJ lines. Bolted mine on this week with a 5.5" front end lift and they fit like a dream. a friend of mine had all 3 (2 front 1 rear) and sold them to me for $15.

here is a pic...
kov28

kov2t

I'm running a rear brakeline intended for a 96 4x4 Dakota. Brand new ran me about $30. Longer than YJ lines if you plan to ever go higher or want crazy flex. Bolts right up. I think making them would just be a pain and you wouldn't save much...

just go to the dealer. I have a friend at a dealer, so the YJ line only cost me $20 and change, but full boat list on it is like $30... and the Dakota line is like $10 more. its worth the peace of mind to get all new stuff when dealing with brakes. Of course my front to back hard line was frozen to the rubber line. So I have a Stainless steel pre-bent line on order from classic tube.. after seeing some hill-decents, I am glad I have gone brand new with the brakes...

EBRAKE ? my ebrake does not work (inspection time) it has been streched out and bentn the passenger side. im at about 4.5 lift in the back. will a stock ebrake cable work or where do i get a good one

You should check out ExtremeCrawlers.com ... I contacted Keith and he made me braided hoses the size that I asked for and not expensive at all. 30 for the rear line, and 75 for the front pair. If your gonna drop 70 bones at the dealer for rubber lines maybe think of upgrading to braided. Just my opinion...

Scott.

winterparker2b said:
In the process of putting 3" lift on my '99 classic. I want to know would I be better off w/ aftermarket pre-made lines or building my own (cost wise). Also are there any cheap ways of going about this w/o replacing the lines like making longer brackets or........... I searched and guess I dont have to w/ only 3" but I want the peace of mind, besides after putting the new leafs on the axle seems to be hanging by the rear line when I jack the back of the truck up. Any info would be great, thanks!!!!

For the 99 straighten out the front to go along hte shock tower (you will have to redrill the mounting hole) and for the rear as suggested get the YJ line. The parking brake cable should be fine as it is.

Back