• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here we go.

JohnJohn

Member #42
Thanks for all of you who have already sent me your information. We have quite a list going.

According to Woody we need to come up with a few things, and they are.

A mission statement:

At a minimum, we would need a President, VP and a Secretary/Treasurer (some chapters separate the S & T and others combine them):

I will start a mission statement thread and we can each post our entry; then we can vote. Sound Good?

I think we should hold off until a meet & greet can be planned before we start electing people. Some of us are just USER IDs right now. We can easily elect folks I just thinks it's better that we meet everyone first. Thoughts?

Last edited:
when do you want to do the M&G and where??South denver would probably get the best turn out. maybe at Park Medows ?? lets try Mar 6 ? Thats gives 2 weeks to get everyone together.
Led

6 march sounds good to me.....Park Meadows sounds fine as well.

A Meet-N-Greet is a fantastic idea! March 6 is good for me too. I'd be cautious about using Park Meadows Mall's parking lot - the security guys tend to try to push their weight around and then call Douglas Co. S.O. if things get more than converstional about groups parking in their lot. Saturdays will be fairly busy at shopping areas anyway. How about a public park? Clement park down at S. Pierce St. and W. Bowles Ave. is a good choice - or any other large park that anyone else knows of along the C-470 area would be good.

Another idea - if you all would like to try to meet indoors. I'm wondering if a local Jeep dealership would be willing to sponsor us for that meet by giving us a little parking area to display some nifty Cherokees street side, and let us use one of their meeting rooms....... I'll make some calls.

YELLAHEEP said:
Another idea - if you all would like to try to meet indoors. I'm wondering if a local Jeep dealership would be willing to sponsor us for that meet by giving us a little parking area to display some nifty Cherokees street side, and let us use one of their meeting rooms....... I'll make some calls.

My thoughts exactly! I have serious contacts at most of the Jeep dealers in the state, the day job DOES pay off sometimes. :D

I think finding a Jeep Dealer in the Denver Metro Area would be a great idea. No one has to worry about getting run off by anyone, or taking up too much space, most dealers would love the traffic.

Here are some options:

Medved: Wheatridge or Castle Rock: I know we can get in the conference room at either location.

Johnson AutoPlaza: Brighton: They have a huge lot and would love for us to meet there. Very accessible from the North our South via E-470. They are at e-470 and Hwy 85. Plus a bunch of the techs are Jeepers. The dealership is locally owned and operated, not huge corporate BS. This location would be in the middle for the Fort Collins and Colorado Springs folks, about 60-70 miles for each end.

Meeting at a dealership would negate Sunday as a meet day though.

Last edited:
the 6 is a sat. dealer works for me , but I wonder what they will offer me for trade in for the XJ :dunce:
led

Dealer would be better. Free marketing for them and no hassles for us. 6th still is great. Some time around noon maybe?

david.

The 6th at a dealer sounds good to me.

Ok,

I called a few Metro area dealers and so far, only one is interested and able to supply us with a meeting room large enough.

Rick Abrew, G.M. at Medved (I-70 and Ward) was "very interested" and supportive. He has a meeting room that's more than adequate to hold 20-30 people and currently sponsors the local Hummer club. He is also looking to start a "trail patrol" organization that is active in trail clean up and maintenance and encouraged our group to consider participate if we get organized.

The only thing he wasn't willing to do was give some of our rigs street visability - he would have us parking in the back. Certainly not a big issue.

Whaddya think? Medved a good location?

I may have a great spot. I talked with the GM at Johnson's Auto Plaza in Brighton today. They would love for us to meet there monthly. In fact they said that if we are willing to bring all our lifted XJs they will move the cars from the front of the store. We can part all over the front lot, between the store and HWY85. The GM even said if in the future we want to bring an RTI ramp we can. Really both of us win, he creates some traffic on a busy Saturday and we get the use of a large parking area willing to let us stand around. :D

I am a firm believer is supporting locally owned Jeep franchises. Dick Johnson is a great guy, even lives a few minutes from me here in Castle Rock. I would love for this to be the location of our first meeting. Anyone have any concerns with this location in Brighton?

This by no means needs to be our permanent site. I think I would prefer to have some meeting in a more "homey" type setting every once in a while...and maybe eating some of Tom's BBQ. :D

JohnJohn

Dude where is brighton??I think we need to set up 2 meetings a month after this gets goin, one up north one down south. I think it will help alot with turn out, not everyone wants to drive 2 hours to go to a meeting EVERY month.This is the way we do my Union meetings.
Led

Led said:
Dude where is brighton??I think we need to set up 2 meetings a month after this gets goin, one up north one down south. I think it will help alot with turn out, not everyone wants to drive 2 hours to go to a meeting EVERY month.This is the way we do my Union meetings.
Led

I agree with your comment about driving 2 hours every month. I do think it's important that we all meet together when possible though. We may not HAVE to meet every month though. What about if we moved the location every time? One time in North Denver, then next in South Denver, then one in Ft. Collins, then one in Colorado Springs. That’s' kind of what I was thinking, but this should be discussed at the first meeting.

Well, I'm sure that the numbers support having the meetings in the city. But when anyone complains about driving 2 hours, remember that not everybody is in the metro area.

It's a 4-hour haul for me, one way, and I'm sure there are those who are farther away. But I'm sure that's less time than Johnjohn has already tied up in this little venture.

If Western Auto has Saturday hours, maybe I can make the trip worth more than just a long drive for a meeting. And a ramp would help a bit...

Anybody willing to set up a net camera at the meeting?

racer122 said:
Well, I'm sure that the numbers support having the meetings in the city. But when anyone complains about driving 2 hours, remember that not everybody is in the metro area.

It's a 4-hour haul for me, one way, and I'm sure there are those who are farther away. But I'm sure that's less time than Johnjohn has already tied up in this little venture.

If Western Auto has Saturday hours, maybe I can make the trip worth more than just a long drive for a meeting. And a ramp would help a bit...

Anybody willing to set up a net camera at the meeting?

I understand. I live in Castle Rock and the drive to the Ft. Collins meeting someday will be a trek. As for meeting attendence...I expect that Elected Secratry will take notes and forward the meeting notes to this forum. Therfore attendance should be incouraged but not a hard and fast rule. I would expect to have some members that are far enough away (Vail, Georgetown), they may just meet us for trail runs. Those folks can share ideas and issues via this format.

Thoughts?

Led said:
Dude where is brighton??
Find the industrial stench that is Commerce City and head north. If you get to the agricultural stench that's Greeley and you've gone too far.

I'm good with meeting 'up north' or 'down south' but two a month might be pushing it for me

What's the matter Led, affraid that rig won't make it :laugh: sorry, I couldn't resist. Watch out about what you wish for, i.e. two meetings a month, you've been nominated for VP.

Actually, I think one meeting a month but rotating the location would be acceptable, we can just make sure and post all the good stuff that goes on at the meetings for others, along with a place that allows people to post issues they want raised. Heck, given the right location for the meetings, we could even webcast them or video tape them and I can stream them off of my server.

What about the guys in Western Colorado or down towards Cortez? Heck it is a days drive to get to the front range.

Tom Houston

Back