• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest Pictures

Sniggs

NAXJA Forum User
It's 1:55 in the morning and I have just returned from an EXCITING and highly successful day of wheeling with an AWESOME group! As of 9:00 pm there were 19 rigs and LOTS of happy faces (ok there's one CJ owner that wasn't completely happy...more on that later).

There's STILL TIME!! If you leave Seattle area by 6:00 am you can make it in time for the Sunday Morning Driver's meeting. EVEN IF YOU DON'T have a rig, show up! I'm sure SOMEONE has an open seat! CB Channel 2

8z0ih2.jpg

I will post more pics tomorrow, I'm pooped!.

Re: NWFest UPDATE - More photos

My son and I arrived at Camp at about 8:30. I almost called our trip off as I have a summer cold and was running a low grade fever. I'm sure glad we went.

For those that didn't go, there were plenty of right seats that you could have gone along and plenty for the passengers to do.

What a great bunch of people we have here in the NW Chapter. I can hardly wait for the Fall event! Pat, my son (and passenger) had a blast and really enjoyed everyone's company. He's hooked and wants to get an older XJ or even an MJ.

I hope to see some more of someone else's photos. Mine came out okay but it's extremely difficult to stop and take pictures when your pushed to get through this long run.

I'm still sick and am going to lay down. Here's just a teaser of some of the fun we had, right LadyWolf? ;)

Stuck and it won't start!
8zkzms.jpg

8zkzsw.jpg

8zkzyb.jpg

8zl01c.jpg

GI John to the rescue!
8zl0d0.jpg

8zl0jr.jpg

Just a LITTLE more...
8zl1xf.jpg

Woohoo!
8zl2iv.jpg

(Aw MAN! Now it won't start!) Pat's going to help her get down the hill to a flat area and see if we can get it started again. By this time, LadyWolf had been fighting a power steering issue - well, NO power steering to be exact. Pat stepped in to give her arms a much needed break.
--SEE?? Passengers DO have something to do!!!
8zl3j8.jpg

We got her down to a flat area and found one of the coil wires off (probably from the impact - that was a HARD hit on the tree!).
8zl5ic.jpg

Pat stayed with Chris (Kris? Kristen? sorry - I didn't ask about spelling) for the remainder of the trail to help steer. They got hung up on a log later and ran out of gas too.

Want to buy a used CJ? I think she wants to get an XJ now.

More pictures and narration is here:
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly

Re: NWFest UPDATE!!

Here are a couple from thed easy run on Saturday.

This is Dingo509 on Moon Rocks
DCP_1308.jpg

Steve also on Moon Rocks (sorry forgot your forum name)
DCP_1318.jpg

Hards91xj on Funny Rocks
DCP_1297.jpg

This is all 19 rigs from NAXJA
DCP_1330.jpg

Here are the rest of my pics. Sum of the pics or of PNW jeep guys most of them have a THOR sticker on their Jeeps.
http://community.webshots.com/album/397432440TDyYKf

As Sniggs said, it was a totally awsome trip. Only problem from my end was that my guest Dan, forgot to pack two Ozark Trail blue folding canvas arm chairs. Hopefully someone picked them up and took them home rather than leave them there. If so, could you send me a PM please? Thankyou's to Hans and Walter for their efforts, and to anyone else involved in setting up this event.

And Lastly but not Leastly by any means at all, I think thankyou's go to each individual that participated in this event as it was a very pleasurable event. No tempers, problems or anything of that kind. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. That's what brings people back for following events!! :)

Bruce

Wow! Looks like a great time, and good weather from the pics. I sure wish I coulda made it down for that. Looking forward to more pics. :)
Glenn

black89xj said:
I too had a great time! Wonderful group you have over there!!!

--Karl
Over there? Hah! You're not getting off that easy... ;) You are going to help us do a run in your neck of the woods (figure of speech), right?

Thanks to evryone that was by far the best run i have ever been on. so when's the next run?

Dingo

Dingo509 said:
Thanks to evryone that was by far the best run i have ever been on. so when's the next run?

Dingo
There was a brief discussion before dinner about Evans Creek in mid August. Watch for a thread in the next week or so.

I had an idea (uh-oh...). My memory isn't the greatest in the world these days so I use visual memory hooks to help me. The next picture (courtesy of opracer315) has numbers by the 19 rigs. Please identify which one is yours so we can all try to "put a name to the face"? Thanks a bunch!
8zrc4p.jpg

Mine is Number 18

10 here

Only yellow one there number 15. And thanks again to everyone had a great time. Can't wait for the next one.

Jody

12- got pulled over on the way home for not having doors and received a stern lecture about how my lap and shoulder belt would in no way protect me in a rollover. probably right. no ticket, hooray. doors back on = this week. good times, guys.

Number Two
But MYLights are on number 13 right Matt

#3 here, my buddy Matt was #9

Got there last night in time to see the raffle and grab a burger. Spent the night in my Jeep after a great visit with some wonderful folks. One thing learned from sleeping in the back: Disable child safety locks before putting yourself in the backseat. ;) Kris looked at me funny as she walked by and my groggy self reached out the window to open my own door. :laugh3:

Today was an absolute blast. Went out with a small group and ran Kaner/Lilly Pond, etc... Split at the top and backtracked slightly. One group went North toward I-90 while the rest of us came back down to Funny Rocks/Moon Rocks. Matt and I split from Michael and Matt and headed over to Moon Rocks. Oddly enough there was NOBODY around to watch. The breeze at the top of the rocks was nice and cool, so we stood up there for a little while taking in the scenery. Came back down, fueled up a little, and drove home. I must have had an air pocket in my cooling system because the temp started to climb as we were driving along 410 just out of Little Naches. Stopped, poured water over everything until it was cool enough to pop the cap and let the air out. I must have had some mud accumulate in the condenser/radiator because the temp took a while to get back to normal. By the time we got to the other side of Chinook Pass everything was better. I've got the radiator to swap out, so I'll get to clean everything then.

Ok, enough blabbing... I'll host these pics real soon (all 90 or so of them) and post a link. :)

Had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet all of you. Shout out to THOR and PNWJeep. Nice to meet up with you guys again on the trail. Got tired of this web-wheeling and decided to do something a little more challenging. Am looking forward to seeing the results of the anti-rock swaybar setup.

XJourney said:
Number Two
But MYLights are on number 13 right Matt

[Butthead voice] Heh-Heh, your number is the number for poop, Heh-Heh [/Butthead Voice]

GI-John said:
[Butthead voice] Heh-Heh, your number is the number for poop, Heh-Heh [/Butthead Voice]

[butthead]Number One, I order you to take a Number Two. Huh huh...'make it so.'[/butthead]

Looks like you guys had fun, I got home Saturday at 4:30, good thing I decided not to come :D

Whats this I hear about you warning people not to pull a "Kevin" John? :D

I must say that as a group that has to be one of the best wheeling trips ever!!!

Increadible group of people!!
Great selection of trails!!
Enough difficulty for everyone.
Beautiful scenery
perfect weather

And

NO major breakage. What was the worst a few door dings, bent bumpers, brocken lights??

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, I appreciate everyones conversation and personality. You all did a wonderful job of making everyone welcome.

Special thanks to Hans and Howard for all of the effort of planning and Scott, Hans and Howard again for the raffle prizes.

I think we did a great job as a group guys!!

Michael
#1 in pic (of course)

Back