• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame Stiffeners

badazzcherokee3

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever run rocdog fabs stiffeners they look pretty nice if anyone have can I get some pros and cons about them

ROCDOG
a3ce714e38aaf8d52b5e262a627f0239.jpg

how thick are they, any protection on the bottom of the "rail"

the welding surface looks good, especially with all the rossets. (sp?)

but to save some coin, you could probably make them urself in a weekend

they look pretty good. never heard of them, tried to google and nothing. got an web address?

This is the info about them they are $250.00
Heres the site.
http://www.rocdogfab.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3&category_id=4&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

ROC DOG Fabrication has designed and developed these unibody stabilizers for use on Jeep Cherokee XJs after careful design development for their own Jeep Speed vehicle. The entire kit includes stiffeners for the front and rear of Jeep XJs as well as a special plate designed reinforce the unibody behind the steering box. The entire set is CNC plasma cut from 3/16ths steel. There is some custom bending required to obtain an accurate fit for your Cherokee XJ. These parts provide their best support when they are completely welded to the unibody rails.

The front rail stiffeners fit behind the wheel along unibody rails. Circular openings provide weight reduction as well as welding points for secure mounting. Providing a 2 piece front stiffener allows for custom applications and adjustments.

The rear rail stiffeners mount directly behind the rear wheels and like the front rail stiffeners, circular openings provide weight reduction as well as welding anchor points.

3/16ths? you could make a set of those out of 1/4" steel plate for under $100. make a pattern out of cardboard. transfer it to plywood. use plywood as a stencil for plasma cutter. you could skip the plywood and just trace the cardboard onto the plate and freehand it if you have a steady hand.

looks like a good product anyhow.

That actually looks like a good deal. Alot of metal for the price. 3/16th is more than enough for that purpose. 1/4 gets alot harder to work with and costs more.
I think you would want to plate the bottom of the frame rail as well.

I used 3/16th on the outside and 1/8th on the bottom of mine. Tied the rear into the forward spring perch, and the cage to the plating at all 8 places, plus the front bumper to the cage via some fenderwell tubing. Result, no unibody flex.

This would be a good start point to really stiffen up an XJ.

My $.02

Back