• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feedback voltage from tps into o2 sensor?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Renix 4.0
I was out in the garage messing around with my engine scanner and noticed something strange.
With engine off key on i was watching the tps signal while i was pushing the gas pedal.
At the same time i had the o2 circuit pulled up on split screen and noticed that when i pushed the gas the o2 feed would go up a few 10ths of a volt....
Weird right?
Is this something normal or should i start digging into the harness and see if ive got a short between the two circuits?

Might be back feed from the ground circuit. Ohm your TPS ground to battery negative.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this. The voltage amount you are seeing is most likely just normal leakage and the source is a capacitance somewhere in the system.

When you power down, most circuits go into a high Z state. It takes a while for the voltages to bleed off all the way. Even then, things like a keep alive voltage for internal clocks on the radio can leak back through quite unexpected paths. We deal with this frequently in the testing I do on satellites.

This is not the droid you are looking for.

:laugh3:

I wouldn't be surprised to see this. The voltage amount you are seeing is most likely just normal leakage and the source is a capacitance somewhere in the system.

When you power down, most circuits go into a high Z state. It takes a while for the voltages to bleed off all the way. Even then, things like a keep alive voltage for internal clocks on the radio can leak back through quite unexpected paths. We deal with this frequently in the testing I do on satellites.

This is not the droid you are looking for.

:laugh3:

"Engine Off, Key on", so sensors are still powered.

Back