• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Special ROTM theme for September 2011: Your summer adventure

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Just wanted to give a heads up for a special Rig of the Month theme for September of this year. It will be for expedition rigs, but with a twist. It's hard to place an expedition tag on a rig, so the idea here is post pics of your rig being used in an expedition type setting.

In addition to the normal rules of submitting 2 pics of your rig and a spec list, you must post up a min-trip report of an expedition type run. The maximum number of pics allowed will be raised to 6. One of the pictures must be of your rig at your fully set-up campsite. You can use the other pictures not only to showcase features of your rig (like a rooftop tent, on board shower, etc.), but also should include some landscape shots with your rig in it.

Rules:
Full spec list of rig.
Expedition style trip, the trip must have taken place in 2011.
Maximum of 6 pictures allowed.
Mini trip report must be included.
And just to throw this out there, there is no rule that the Rig of the Month submission must be an XJ/MJ vehicle. ;)

Also, a big thanks to Dr. Moab for suggestion this theme. Hopefully you guys can get some runs in over the next few months and post up some pics.

a non xj/mj could possibly be on the homepage of an xj/mj site?

weird

I nominate RadioBaobab

I like this! I'm not the "everything and the kitchen sink" style of camping, but I will surely document my set-up at some point before then.

Guess it is time to take new photos. Sounds like a good contest. Can DR Moab be dissqualified for some reason please.:D

And just to throw this out there, there is no rule that the Rig of the Month submission must be an XJ/MJ vehicle.
I think this is BS, are we turning into just an offroad club now? There have been movements to take the XJ/MJ ownership out of being a member...is this the next step?

I have no problem with the theme but having a non-xj/mj as a rig of the month when this is an xj/mj club is a little ridiculous.

I think this is BS, are we turning into just an offroad club now? There have been movements to take the XJ/MJ ownership out of being a member...is this the next step?

I have no problem with the theme but having a non-xj/mj as a rig of the month when this is an xj/mj club is a little ridiculous.

I appreciate your comments and point of view, but to each his own. If you don't like it, don't vote for it. The truth is that many of the long time NAXJA members who are still active around here have not had an XJ for years. You are correct that there is also a push to eliminate the requirement of XJ/MJ ownership for membership. I doubt an non-XJ/MJ will win, but why should we disqualify a NAXJA supporter just because they no longer own an XJ?

I think that this thread isn't the place to debate this. Go to the member's forum and check out the "Membership vehicle requirements" thread and comment there. My opinion on the matter can be found there as well. Thanks.

I can't wait to see what kind of rigs and reports people come up with for this one.

It's going to be fun to watch.

I agree! Expo trips are awesome to follow.

Just don't vote for it and you won't have a problem! :D

Just saw this, very exciting! I kinda dislike the non xj/mj thing but I'm not in charge so w/e. I wish it was the october ROTM though, my biggest trip of the year will be a week spent in northern nevada and southern idaho in late september. Oh well

Back