• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July photo assignment: Public Lands

MT Mike

NAXJA Forum User
For July's photo assignment, post up a photo of your Jeep by your favorite trail sign, elevation marker, etc. Same rules as always, must be taken this month (July 2011) and must have your Jeep in it.

Edit: Must be a Public Lands trail. OHV parks need not apply. ;)

:cheers:

In Great Sand Dunes NP over the Fourth. This place is a bargain at $3 admission! Got to help out some stuck vehicles on the sandy part of Medano Pass Road. First trip with the roof box, it made camping easy. All my gear went up top, my bed was made in the back before I even left my driveway. One night I didn't even exit the vehicle between parking and going to sleep. :)

orig.jpg

that photo makes me itch to have about 1000HP behind me, 38 inches of wheel travel and BIG paddle tires.

"Explore any part of the 30 square mile dunefield you wish; there are no designated trails in the sand. A dunes–accessible wheelchair is available for free loan at the Visitor Center. In summer months, plan to hike the dunes in morning or evening to avoid hot sand."

Wonder if they'll let you bring your own 1000HP long-travel "wheelchair"......

From this past weekend. Went out camping at Rocky Arbor State Park and then went out paddling at Mirror Lake State Park.

P1010004.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Then this is how I got home....
P1010069.jpg

Ohhh man what happened?

What a coincidence, I just happened to have taken one on the 3rd of July in front of one of the markers for the Barlow Road in the Mt Hood National Forest.

jeeptrailmarker.jpg
jeeptrailmarker.jpg

I failed this past weekend though, spent three days poking around above Hells Canyon. Oh well..

Last edited:
Wenatchee National Forest between Liberty and Blewett Pass

Our little campsite setup miles off hwy97 and deserted - didn't see another soul there all weekend:

This butterfly wouldn't hold still long enough to get a clear photo, so here you see it right as it was splitting the scene:

These pictures brought to you by the little lady and me. Yes she loves to offroad and has her own lifted 'Yota. The mountains in the background are south of Leavenworth WA, the Enchantments and Dragonstail Peak are back there somewhere.

This was not shot in July but back in March, so forgive me Mike.

Even still it is a public lands or BLM shot, and nice to know you can still drive into a national park and be miles from any paved roads!

PV2011_2158.jpg

Back