• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

White Rim Trail - Moab soon?

you know.. i was worried bout that too, everybody saying how bad the 3.8 is and how underpowered it is, so far i have had no problems i have pulled my trailer with it several times and i dont know it is behind the jeep, my rubi has the tow package and the 4.10 gears, so no issues yet, but the jeep is still stock , i hope to be sitting on 35's soon ,so i will let you know then, if it sucks, then i might have to put one of those superchargers on it.

i wonder how much of it is a power problem vs a transmission/gearing problem , i see lots of mini vans pulling trailers way bigger than mine without issue, and they are front wheel drive

how many hp is the jk ? i was reading somewhere yesterday that the old willys cj- 1953 i think ,, had only 73 hp, we have come along way from those days and we still complain cuz we dont have 250 hp or more,,

Waiting for the new motor thats supposed to arrive in 2012. If they really do it, I will be driving one this fall.

You just wish you will get to drive it. If your luck she just might let you.

I heard they discontinued orange.

Last edited:
Oh man that sucks. I thought you were all through with that crap. How you feeling otherwise? I think I'm back too pretty much 100%. 98% at least.

Dr just pushed me back to the 21st, still having the "Bile Salt" issue as well... sucks.

Anymore info on the work being done in Mineral Bottom? Wondering if any pics surfaced yet. Are they just repairing what washed out or a new route?

hey john .. were planning a trip to the'' rock '' (newfoundland and labradour ) for the last week of july and first week of august, you are more than welcome to tag along, . we dont know where we are going out there but we are going anyways, there wont be any hardcore wheeling on this trip , i have a freind who used to live out there and we are gonna get him to point us in the right direction,

I've been watching for updates on the progress on the trail but so far I have seen nothing. I am between contracts at the moment and would love to take a few days and do the loop.

From looking at the maps, it looks like you can go about 80 miles clockwise then you have to turn around and come back. Anybody want to take a few days and to some exploring? There is some snow on the ground, but the ranger said the sun is out and it is melting.

Last edited:
Read over at EXPO that Mineral Bottom is just about completed. Just a few sections where they want to support with concrete to aid in future washouts.

Great. I have been trying to follow this. Do you have a link on this?

Last edited:
Here is the straight scoop directly from the parks service today. While the switchbacks may be able to be physically traversed, the loop is still closed. There were sections of the road they could not even get to in order to perform repairs until the switchbacks are open. It is the hope of the NPS that the loop will open March 29 and reservations for camping on April 1.

The pictures I saw make it look like they changed the routing a bit. The wife is going on a several week mission trip so I am thinking about heading out towards the end of the month.

No luck here. I will try a little later in the year when it cools down a tad. Hopefully by then I will have my teardrop trailer done.

Back