• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's happening....

I've been meaning to get around to take the tech exam too. I bought a couple UV-5Rs ~ 6 months ago, but just haven't gotten to it yet. There are a couple free android apps with practice Qs and tests...

Hey Guys, what did you use to study for your ham license. I really want to get one also. I'm hoping there's some online study guide you can direct me to that you felt were a good resource.

It's not a bad idea for everyone that goes into the Backwoods to have a way of communicating in case of an emergency.

Skipper I bought the book the AARL puts out, here is a link to it.

http://www.arrl.org/shop/ARRL-Handbook-2019-Softcover/

I read through that and downloaded an app on my phone that had all the test pool questions. Once I felt comfortable with the questions I found test date close to home and went a took the exam. Passed and got my call sign a few weeks later.

Skipper google practice ham exam and take like 10-20 a day for the technician license until you consistently get 31-35 correct for 10 tests in a row. You only need 28/35 to pass. Ill look up the book I used

Skipper I bought the book the AARL puts out, here is a link to it.

http://www.arrl.org/shop/ARRL-Handbook-2019-Softcover/

I read through that and downloaded an app on my phone that had all the test pool questions. Once I felt comfortable with the questions I found test date close to home and went a took the exam. Passed and got my call sign a few weeks later.

Thanks, Pat. I am on it. I got a Bojang 8w and I want to use it with a rooftop antenna. I'll read through the handbook and do some practice test on the phone so I am ready when I take the test.

Skipper, I wouldn't spend any money on exam prep materials. Plenty of free material online plus the test is easy...I don't think I ever heard of anyone not passing first try.

What I think I’ll do then is download the free test questions see how I do on those and go from there.I did see on Amazon that there are plenty of Kindle books on how to take the test and pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I check it daily !

Just not alot going on crawler-wise. Its been sitting since the last trip to reno. I have been working on the 2 WJs non stop and also doing a ton of work on the wagoneer. Wagoneer is getting closer to being dialed in .

and ive been working on a bathroom remodel and that is incredibly time consuming.

I was wondering if you were finished with your bathroom yet. It has been a long project hasn’t it ?

I come by at lunch time at work a couple times a week!

How's the new Jeep doing?

I think there are about 10 people who still post here.

The WJ is good, it’s great for tooling around town and short trips to run errands. I can park it anywhere and not worry about having it broken into.

Just got back from a Death Valley and Vegas trip for New Years. Mostly a cycling trip but did get some time exploring a few canyons in my JK. We need to get a bay area meet and greet set up again. Hooters in Dublin?

I still check in a few times a week.

I was wondering if you were finished with your bathroom yet. It has been a long project hasn’t it ?

So many hours in tile in this bathroom. almost ready to start grouting it. its a very small bathroom too. 1" hex mosaic tile and 3x6 subway tile take forever.

Just got back from a Death Valley and Vegas trip for New Years. Mostly a cycling trip but did get some time exploring a few canyons in my JK. We need to get a bay area meet and greet set up again. Hooters in Dublin?

thats legit man. got pics?

Hey everyone. The forums all over the internet are losing traffic. Thanks to Facebook I believe. I've been in the NorCal Jeep Cherokee Facebook group for sometime now. Is there any other groups the Sierra chapter folks have gone to?

I've just been busy as a father. Started an ecommerce business and stepped way back at work. Spending a lot of time at home these early years. Starting to look out of state for better options then Santa Barbara county.

Back