• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "The Gray Goose"

Thanks Skipper, she deserves a little love after all the neglect I put her through. I also need to repaint, convert to a closed system, cut and fold, quarter armor, fix the trailer wiring, install my Lebarons, new headlights, LED bars :repair:.... The list goes on and on. Lol

These are pretty new 35" Cooper MT which I bought on JeepinSeal's behalf and hes letting me run them for a bit as a thank you. I ordered 4 MTR kevlars in the 33" flavor. Just need to decide on which rock rings to buy. Currently looking at Dirtbound's but undecided if I want the circles or the rock grinders.

rock_ring2_2.jpg

rock_ring3_2.jpg

i would not do rockrings.
instead consider diy beadlocks.
you can just run the inner part as a rockring then when you figure out rockrings are ghey you can install the outer clamping ring & have beadlocks. bam! everyone wins!

Dang it Tim! now you got me thinking again..lol

Of course I have MTR Kevlars in my closet... Doesn't everybody?
I'm hoping if I leave them in there long enough that they will have babbies.:kissyou::loveu: lol

10849807_10152975825449078_5772163196892353431_n.jpg

Of course I have MTR Kevlars in my closet... Doesn't everybody?
I'm hoping if I leave them in there long enough that they will have babbies.:kissyou::loveu: lol

10849807_10152975825449078_5772163196892353431_n.jpg

so your tires will be "coming out of the closet". lastara

lol, thats too funny Tim.

Posted this on the OEM forum but might as well post it here too.
Ok so Ive been having a problem with my fuel pump in my second XJ. 93, 4.0, 193k, manual. It wouldn't start so I checked for fuel. Nope. Noticed I didnt hear the pump priming with the key. Connected a "new" pump to power to dry test, turned the key and it energized. Unplugged to try old pump; nothing.

My thoughts, sweet its just the pump. Plugged new in, turned the key and nothing. What the heck. Plugged both pumps into my 88. Old one didnt work, "new" one did. Next step was to hook the "new" on back in to the 93. Removed the pump relay and replaced with my 3 spares, every one out of my 88, and even each one from the 93... still not working. Decided to jump the fuel pump relay and it works.

Can anyone shed some light on what I am missing. Is there a fuse somewhere I am missing? I tried google and it just brings up zjs. Please help me get this fixed so I can get it back on the road.

Im not trying to get fuel up to the fuel rail yet, just want to power the pump with the key.

If you jump the relay it works fine with the key?

No. If I jump the relay with the jeep off, (No key) it works.

Just to make sure, did you check to make sure nothing is broke, corroded or in some way unable to make contact with the pins of the relay when it's plugged in? I thought maybe the ground for the pump. But if you can jump the relay and it runs, the gnd is good.

UPDATE on the 93:
So I decided to try something I read about on a thread when I was researching today.. bypassed the plastic looking think on the driver's inner fender. IT WORKED! plugged it back in and it still worked! now I just need to replace a broken in-line buss fuse to see if it will turn over. Dont know what I did but it seems to work now.

Sounds to me like your ballast resistor for the pump wasn't making good connections.

Another quick update on the 2 door:

Wired up the new inline buss fuse this morning and still no spark. Started checking power with the voltmeter and narrowed it down to the push button starter. Swapped that out and the thing fired right up. Super excited that I got it running again.

Now I just need to try messing with the fuel pump wiring to see if i can get the gas gauge to read correctly. (88 pump in a 93) Im going to try swapping the 2 non ground wires by soldering up an adapter harness to go between the body and the pump wires. Anyone see why this wouldn't work?

New question on the 2 door. Now that I have the thing running, while in neutral I noticed that if you jamb the throttle, the jeep wants to die. If I ease on he throttle, i can rev it no problem. I did find a slight leak at the master cylinder vacuum line; would this cause the jeep to cut out?

Im headed to the junkyard tomorrow for parts to test my theory on making the gas gauge read correctly again. I'm also going to be looking for parts for my new DD and parts runner. She's ugly but at least its still a wagon right...:clap:

FC5DF65F-784D-490D-A910-05149EBFF0ED.jpg

FCF3F42B-13CF-4A07-820A-5E35553E0657.jpg

Ok so I tried my backwards wiring idea to fix the fuel gauge reading on the 2door and it didn't work or let the jeep start. Plugged the pump back in without the piece I made and the gauge now went from full(backwards reading) to below empty without the gas light coming on. Did I kill the pump sensor by plugging it in backwards? Gas gauge should read near empty but obviously not about a quarter tank negitive. (Again no gas light coming on)

Hey jake, still have the truck too. Lol. My house looks like there should be more than one guy living there. Haha.

I FINALLY BECAME RED!!

Back