• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission rebuild or replacement

Having Aamco rebuild the transmission. Turns out somewhere the inside of the transmission heated up and did a lot of damage. Everything was replaced even the torque converter. They had issues with the cross member and waiting for a new one. They suggested changing gears from 3:55 to 4:10 running a 32” tire. Any suggestions on where to get 4:10 gears for a Dana 30 and a 8 1/4?

Like what?

Amazed you can get a new one!

Apparently the people who put the lift on when they lowered the transmission decided to strip the bolts to the transmission mount and welded the cross member to the mount. Also they cut holes in the frame to put the bolts in. I wish I knew how to post pictures.

They were able to get a new cross member from O’reillys

I would have swapped in a manual for all that.

I was thinking about that awhile ago and my wife was totally against it. I wonder if it would have been cheaper.

Probably not a lot of difference since you paid to have the work done!

Glad you got it fixed. Make sure you get a really good cooler for one with a fan.

Back