• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2021 SOCALFEST

Last edited:
I knew this year was going to be a small turnout, but so far the numbers aren't looking good. I was checking the store to see how many people we are going to need to cook for and I found we've only sold 1 registration outside of mine and no extra meal tickets. If you are coming to SCF, I'd really appreciate the pre-purchase of registrations or minimum a meal ticket so we can gauge how much food we need to buy. If it's just going to be me and one other person, I might as well order a pizza and not worry about setting up a grill and putting on the raffle.

The link to the chapter store is below.
SCF Store

Yes, please speak up and order if you want raffle tickets and food. If we don't get enough interest, we can bump the raffle and Saturday dinner into the Spring SoCalFest (which will probably be April/May in Calico) and just hang out and socialize.

Also, did anyone reserve Double Site 84/85 for Saturday night? Apparently my HQ reservation glitched & we only have it for Friday night, not Saturday :banghead::jester:.
If whoever has 84/85 for Saturday night isn't part of our group, or doesn't want to be HQ for a few hours, we'll move HQ to my 73/74 site for Saturday night, or someone else's site who's willing.

If we don't get enough interest, we can bump the raffle and Saturday dinner into the Spring SoCalFest (which will probably be April/May in Calico) and just hang out and socialize.

Yeah, this late in the game with such a low turnout, this may be the best thing to do.

There's registration? I haven't seen that posted anywhere. Seriously.

I know at least 10-12 people attending

I found a single post discussing this posted on 10/5.

Hard to just open registration a week before the event and complain that no one is registering.

I’d like to buy a hat, but don’t want to register for the event. Will hats be made available for stand-alone purchase on the Chapter Store?

I’d like to buy a hat, but don’t want to register for the event. Will hats be made available for stand-alone purchase on the Chapter Store?

I want to attend the event but don't want the hat or food. What's the hat worth to you? ;)

I tried. I no longer PayPal and that seems to be the only option.

I will be buying one meal and $40 worth of tickets. Hope that helps :huh:

Last edited:
Hats will be available for sale; we should have some at the event, and we'll get them up into the Store as an individual item as well.

John, I've got your order noted, and thank you for bringing the raffle stuff up tomorrow!

I hope to be there by 2 or so today; I'll be driving a somewhat beatup gray Hyundai Excel, rather than my Jeep. I'm in sites 73/74, along with a red Travago camper van (Arna), and a gray truck with a camper shell (Mark & Belinda Wolfe).

Most folks already have my contact info, but it's 6one9 six fifty-four 97five8. Feel free to text, or even call; I'm (unfortunately) answering all unknown callers right now due to hospitalized family member and dealing with all the healthcare folk; I had NO idea my car warranty could expire so many times!! :dunce::doh::wow:.

Dinner will be at 6:30 or so, and raffle will start at 8pm.

So not going and reservation refund is a boner. Up for grabs Spot 29 for fri and sat night in Serrano and spot 88 saturday night only. PM for info so I can text you guys details.

Had a great time, thank you to all who supported the event....leadership, sponsors, attendees.

Ran Gold Mountain with a handful of jeeps, one Toyota, and my Tahoe. No major casualties...the long wheelbase gladiator did receive some custom undercarriage scratches and the corner of my tahoe bumper seems to have been relocated a couple inches.

I had a great time and made some new friends. Looking forward to the next one!!
Thank you all.
45286bb654722df82dc8d2cdb6449e68.jpg

Had a great time, thank you to all who supported the event....leadership, sponsors, attendees.

Ran Gold Mountain with a handful of jeeps, one Toyota, and my Tahoe. No major casualties...the long wheelbase gladiator did receive some custom undercarriage scratches and the corner of my tahoe bumper seems to have been relocated a couple inches.

Chivvy?

Splain. :D

We had three rigs for the Friday night John Bull run... fortunately no issues, unfortunately no pics.

On Saturday four of us ran Holcomb Creek. Here's a few pics...

Back