• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a good fishing pole rack setup?

BALTANAKT

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Been thinking to build some sort of fishing pole holder.

I usually break the pole in two, and lean it against passenger side window in the cargo area. But I've been wanting to come up with a better solution. Perhaps a installing a gun rack or something in that window.

Any of you guys come up with something creative?

I carry all mine in a hard case!

no rack, but i just took a trip and was able to put the pole in two pieces resting on the passenger o S**t handles. just bungee corded on and seems to sit pretty sturdy. over the years ive rolled two poles up in the dang window so this has worked so far haha.

I built this out of 1/2" flat stock and did some simple bends in the vice to give me strength and places to mount. One point of contact on front bumper, one using existing bolt on my light bar, and a third short piece was tack welded to the main bar, it bends under the hood and attaches to the 10mm bolt on the radiator top plate. Tubes are 1 1/4" ABS cut with a hack saw and notched with a die grinder. All tubes bolted to the flat stock. Then some bungee cords from harbor freight to hold the rods into the sleeves. Worked better than I imagined it would. Drove on the freeway with no lost or damaged rods.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wZxE3AKRfWbc3J7K-a_VsbXEYBeQ5jUg/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O01NhS3BniX7DWMZBVipaKUhsdpWSsUD/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the links, couldn't get the images to post through google drive.

The wife and I have 2 piece poles and hang them in the grab bars. One goes on the passenger side connected to both. The other one is on the drivers side facing the other way and only connected by the handle.

I use the reusable plastic detention cord hooks from home depot to keep them in place

Back