• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yearly elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
OK we are late again :doh::doh: sorry........

currently---
pres is RMS692(Rich)
vice is DeftwillP (Will)
treasurer is Magimerlin(Jay(me))

both myself and Rich have talked about it and we both agree to give another term if voted in or there are no one that qualifies. Need Will to chime in about himself though.

We had a bad start this year as we came in so late. We started in late January not November like we where suppose to. And I didn't get the treasurer stuff till late February. Then we also had a Vice president change in the middle of that... So hence our really rocky start and, cramped RoM 2011 set up, and I am truly sorry for that. I know I know no excuse but that is the truth. We have things starting to look better as far as a chapter goes now. We as a chapter now also have money(not alot but its our chapters money) in an account that I had to set up as we didn't even have a bank account when we, the current BoD started. I will start a new thread on a benefit we have from that now too later. That is why Rich and I would both like to continue in our current positions. There are still things left to do and we are still trying to get them done and organized behind the scenes so that when they are finished it will benefit the better part of the chapter and not just a portion of it. We have a few things in the works. And no, no cat will be let outta the bag till it's time....so please do not ask what they are.

But this thread will serve as a nomination thread for the 3 positions.

Major qualification.......must be a paid member(red name) for no less then 1 year and currently be a paid member.

age qualification OK---so must be 18 in order to officially be a NAXJA "paid member" per national rules, so that means you need to have had a 1 year membership from the time you have been 18. Which would make you currently 19+. If so you are now eligible to be a BoD.

If you look at the By-Laws in the sticky it says a 1 year term. We are currently changing that to a 2 year term in order to follow better with the national and most of the other chapters so keep that in mind as well.

So.......this thread will be up for 1 week(10/14-10/21) then I will make a poll for each office that had more then 1 person accept the nomination that will last 1 week(10/21-10/28) and then the BoD will take office on the 1st of November.

Last edited:
so I will start it up

I nominate Rich(RMS692) as pres
Will(Deftwillp) as Vise

I accept when ever Rich or Will get around to see this and nominate me for treasurer

Last edited:
I nominate Jay as treasurer as he has done an exemplary job in managing our finances, including getting us our very first account.

i nominate Senor Flores as pres

He is not a member of RRC he is in the Colorado chapter so sorry not gonna work. -magimerlin

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sir we're mixin it up around here. If letterman can win rotm.........

that had nothing to do with us talk to national and or drop it end of story-magimerlin

How about we keep nominations to members who live in the RRC?

Our chapter bylaws state one can live in "other areas" and be a part of this chapter
Is a little fair competition too much for ya or ya gonna go cry no boobies like all this guys who didn't want letterman to win cuz he pimps a tj
Read the fine print brother....

hey brother read "our" chapter by-laws not Colorado's it says RRC member not "other areas"-magimerlin

I accept my nomination to run for president of the red river chapter against rich

nope you are a Colorado member not an RRC one so unless you "physically" move back that will not work-magimerlin

National by-laws also state that all members should conduct themselves accordingly and not bring any negative attention to the organization, in other words: be an ambassador.

Your "Pirate>naxja" sig as well as your other shenanigans leading to your recent timeout are proof as anything but that.

Our chapter bylaws state one can live in "other areas" and be a part of this chapter
Is a little fair competition too much for ya or ya gonna go cry no boobies like all this guys who didn't want letterman to win cuz he pimps a tj
Read the fine print brother....

yours may ours does not and the TJ thing is over end of story

RRC elections only.....period.... I or one of the current Bod will delete any other post then what is here regarding off topic, non area chapter nominations and or acceptances or declines, pictures, rude and or offensive remarks, etc that I or the current Bod feel as such.

End of story, bottom line, do not pass go, no discussion about it.

I edited, in red, all posts that could have been deleted as examples of such threads that will get deleted after this one and the reason for it. Thank you

Jay

Last edited:
From the National By Laws:

Section 3: Chapter Governance
Chapters shall function under and in accordance with the by-laws of the North American XJ Association, with the exception that each Chapter shall elect its own Chapter Board of Directors comprised of at least three (3) but no more than nine (9) directors, who shall be members in good standing, and who shall reside within the geographic area served by the Chapter.

But if half-pint is willing to move back....... I'm all for it. ;)

ok no challenges....sooooo here are the Bod for the next 2 years

president is Rich RMS692
vice is Will Deftwillp
treasurer is me Jay magimerlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back