• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard in Austin?

alaskan

NAXJA Forum User
Do you guys know of any pick a part type places around Austin? I Googled and searched and all I can find are some reviews ripping on yards for not allowing you to pull your own parts and for not knowing what rigs they have in the yard.

You'd think with C4C that finding some front end parts for a '97 would be a piece of cake.

Thanks.

Or if anybody is getting rid of some of the banged up parts in this pic, let me know:
xjpassenger.jpg

briggs (i believe thats the name) way up north on 183 comes to mind. its about a 30 min drive from here. i havent been out there in a long while. they let you pull your own stuff. i dont know about their prices, id call.

briggs (i believe thats the name) way up north on 183 comes to mind. its about a 30 min drive from here. i havent been out there in a long while. they let you pull your own stuff. i dont know about their prices, id call.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have a friend that needs some F250 parts so we might have to make a mini road trip out of it.

Budget Wrench a Part outside of Belton on 190. Its much better than Briggs. Get off at the G Wilson exit. Everything is dirt cheap there, tons of XJs and ZJs. Abunch of older 2wd F250s but nothing 4wd.

i have a 94 that im parting out, have the pass side parts...

Because I have been to both, and left extremely disappointed with the prices of one place and return enthusiastically to the other time and time again.

All their stuff is sorted, import cars left side, chevy trucks, ford trucks, dodge trucks, and jeep are in the back 3rd. Domestic cars front right. $2 to get in, $100 bucks any axle, $150 any motor, $100 any transmission. Almost anything else is between $5-$50. Did I mention they have about 20 xjs? None of them have a fan shroud BTW. A bazzillian Exploders if anybody wants some 8.8s. And an air conditioned checkout counter, open 7 days a week.

The yard in Briggs is higher on there prices than the one in Belton, but if you are looking for post 97 parts I recomend Briggs. I was at the Belton yard about 2 weeks ago and only found 2 or 3 late models, Most had front end damage and had been picked over hard. The yard in Briggs had about 7 or 8 and most were CFC cars that had no damage at all. Just my 2 cents. If you go to Briggs and see a light blue driver side fender for a 97 let me know. It will be about 2 weeks till I get home and have a chance to go look.

The yard in Briggs is higher on there prices than the one in Belton, but if you are looking for post 97 parts I recomend Briggs. I was at the Belton yard about 2 weeks ago and only found 2 or 3 late models, Most had front end damage and had been picked over hard. The yard in Briggs had about 7 or 8 and most were CFC cars that had no damage at all. Just my 2 cents. If you go to Briggs and see a light blue driver side fender for a 97 let me know. It will be about 2 weeks till I get home and have a chance to go look.

Thanks for the '97+ heads up. I'll pm you if I make it up there in the next two weeks.

Did you ever make it to Briggs? I was there this morning, it was almost to cold to be pulling parts. They had 2 complete 97 and after xjs that are white and 1 front clip that is white. The clip and 1 of them were not on the big lot but at another site just up 183 between the turn off and the store. The completes hadn't been touched...yet.

Did you ever make it to Briggs? I was there this morning, it was almost to cold to be pulling parts. They had 2 complete 97 and after xjs that are white and 1 front clip that is white. The clip and 1 of them were not on the big lot but at another site just up 183 between the turn off and the store. The completes hadn't been touched...yet.

Not yet, thanks for the tip on the white XJs, though! I'm going to try to make it up there this weekend.

directions to briggs salvage yard please....would b comeing up 71....

rms692 when do you plan on coming up to briggs i could meet you so i could buy that stuff from you, i wouldnt mind looking around briggs myself.

Thats any easy one. Just get on 183 and head north. If you get to Lampasas you have gone 20 miles to far. They have a huge trailer/bill board about 1 mile before the turn off.

Looks like it's at 183 and County Road 218 on Google maps. As somebody else mentioned, it's called Harold's.

Back