• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new member in houston area

i went and looked at it saturday morning. it rained hard that night. the carpet was sopping wet. it had caulking around the doors. the seats and doors were stained dirty brown over the tan. if he started out asking $1000 we might have talked. i think @ $800 would have been closer to fair price for that one.

i did like the swing out spare tire rack though. i almost asked him if he would sell that part alone. :roflmao:

if it doesnt sell and he keeps lowering the price i may go back if i havent found anything by then.

did you say ill give you a grand i would :D what the most he could say NO he'll say yes someday soon a lot of the parts you can get in the jy kirk know of a pick your part in north houston.

Yeah now I would really go at him with an offer of a grand. If anything he might be looking of christmas money.... $1,000 would help out any one right now.

Where is he located at? Neighborhood that is....

dont remember the neighborhood name but it is behind the walmart at 2920 and kuykendahl

houston auto auction is tomorrow morning at 9am. if i can find someone to watch the kids i will go over there

ok now you tell him 800.00 and let him counter offer and since you have allready went and looked at it do it over the phone or bring 8 hundred cash with you and put it on the hood and see how he reacts to it but i wouldnt go over 1000 for it now he already droped it 300 he'll go lower

i know there are many variables, BUT, IF it is leaking around the doors can that be fixed by putting in new rubber? i'm thinking i want to pull all the carpet out anyway (if possible). never liked carpet, especially in a rig that is gonna get dirty alot.

as long as there isnt any rust around the doors rubbers should fix it and pull the carpet out and bedline the inside of the tub or at least pull the carpet out and remove the jude and put the carpet back in its the jude that doesnt dry and gets moldy the carpet is rubber backed on my xj. i did that to the rear of mine becouse of my dog she likes to come with me and the kids

were is stafford ? have you looked at it or called about it ? im asking becouse it look ok at least the pics do but we know how that goes if you want any help going looking at anything pm me ill give you my phone # and i think xxminanxx might help as well

Yeah the offer is still open.

Stafford is on the Southwest side of Houston. Kinda by Sugarland.

I would snatch that up. Other than the tires need air and it has way too much chrome, that is one clean XJ.

I would contact and test drive it ASAP, if you have the money now.

Back