• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project wannabe Jeepspeed

Time to do some exhaust! Rough trail stainless header and spin tech muffler. Planning on going 2.5 from the header back and dumping out in front of the rear wheel.
c74c4be9e30bea138963048e4ee4cfc9.jpg

What did that header set you back? I have a Spintech on my renix heep and I like it a lot.

What spintech is that, also that header looks like the banks torque tube. whered you pick it up?

I am most likely going with the same exhaust diameter and I already have a Magnaflow High flow metallic core cat for my MJ. I was considering the spintech 9000 series for mine (it is the smallest one) since I need as compact of a muffler as possible. I'm also planning to heat wrap my header and down pipe all the way to the cat.

Have heard that wrapping headers makes them rust faster. Preferred method is a heat blanket of sorts.

The spintech I have is smaller than the 14" 4x9 oval maggy I had. center/offset

Have heard that wrapping headers makes them rust faster. Preferred method is a heat blanket of sorts.

The spintech I have is smaller than the 14" 4x9 oval maggy I had. center/offset

Never seen a rusting issue on headers before as long as they are coated and not bare. done it on motorcycles in the past without rust and I have some friends with tuners and such and they do it without issue. Just like anything else preparation is the key. Ill be doing the heat shielding on the intake as well.

What did that header set you back? I have a Spintech on my renix heep and I like it a lot.

What spintech is that, also that header looks like the banks torque tube. whered you pick it up?

I picked the header up off of CL with 50 miles on it for $140, the guy had the receipt from Morris 4X4 for $360 shipped. Its made by Rough Trail, a division of Crown Automotive. This header and muffler combo 2.5" header back made my throttle response unreal even with a stock air intake, cant wait to build an intake with a pod filter now! The model Spintech is a Sportsman Street 3000, this is what the rep at Spintech recommended for what I wanted as this Jeep is not a DD.

I am most likely going with the same exhaust diameter and I already have a Magnaflow High flow metallic core cat for my MJ. I was considering the spintech 9000 series for mine (it is the smallest one) since I need as compact of a muffler as possible. I'm also planning to heat wrap my header and down pipe all the way to the cat.

I thought about heat wrapping mine but just didn't get to it.

Love the tube work/design on the rear shock mounts. Great work!

Thanks. I had to do some valving on the rear shocks as they were too stiff on the rebound side but I dialed it right in. Ive taken a few hard bottoms in the read end and so far no issues with the bedcage or mounts. Although for anyone doing this type of rear shock setup I highly recommend hydro bumps, its next on my list.

Sorry for no updates everyone I've been busy trying to break this thing! Just ordered some McQueen prototype XJ front fiberglass for it so I'll post pics when those come in.

Picked up a custom driveshaft from Adams off-road driveshafts in Henderson NV. Shipping was very fast, quality is second to none, and it was only $235 to my door. I highly recommend Adams Driveshafts
2a3daf9e737fe9aec8a989fafb066b19.jpg

Picked up a WJ front brake and knuckle setup for $100 the other day. Planning on doing Alloy USA HD ball joints, 2000+ Timken hubs, JKS spacers, Ruffstuff OTK trackbar and Ruffstuff OTK 3/4" heimed steering. Can't wait for this swap!
aa545526bf518430ffd54d83acfd79d4.jpg

Looks nice.

Once thing to consider (if its not to late that is) is the load range of those 16" tires. Likely a E or at least a D. Most (about 95%) of every jeep out there only needs a C range. Why does it matter? Ride quality, air down ability and biggest reason, weight.

Nice build though....

Don't want to hijack an awesome thread so please feel free to pm me the explanation. RWKHausSupply, could you help ME understand exactly what you were getting at in reference to the load range? Ive been googleing it for 10-15 minutes and cant quite get it.

Back