• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaving California.....for good this time

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
I've been employed by the LAUSD since 1999, got laid off in 2012, took a risk and cashed out my 403B and put it down on a house in Utah....scraped by (barely) and got called back to my job after 38mos.
Now with all the Covid "plandemic" hoo ha, I have to get tested weekly and wear a mask whenever I'm on district property.
Well, that wasn't enough, now they tell us that, if we're not fully vaccinated by Oct 15, you're out of a job!
So, I'm not getting a vaccine that they don't know enough about (my buddy's step son died after his second shot....he was in his early 20s) and was rushed to FDA approval by an entity headed by "Dr" Fauci's wife!
A lot of guys I work with feel the same as l do but are too young to retire, are getting the jab, just to save their jobs.
Vaccinated or not, you can still contract and spread the virus so, who but myself am I putting at risk?
What about "my body my choice?" or does that only apply to "birthing persons" looking to abort!
So, I'm pulling the plug, retiring and leaving the communist state of California where you can't even walk down the sidewalks amid all the "urban campers".
Hopefully they'll oust the Governor and put someone sensible (Larry Elder) in Sacramento.
Rant off,
Hans

Ditto. Wife and I are moving to North Carolina this Saturday actually. We can't stand CA, plus having a job that allows telework there's nothing keeping us here anymore.

Congratulations.

I hear you on all fronts.

FWIW, The Bride used to work for a drug discovery support company (well acquainted with the process to bring a drug to market) and she is a data analyst. She has hard support for everything you see. And her employer has now mandated the vaccine. She is fired up to say the least. There is no way anyone in this house is getting the shot.

Now, that said, there are some folks for whom it makes sense. We all have different risk profiles. If I were 75 years old it would be another picture entirely. The real crime in this picture is that folks are not supposed to think critically and make an educated decision on their own behalf. That is a low blow, and those who have gone that route have lost all credibility AFAIAC.

Wherever you are in Utah I am sure you are in range of some great wheeling. Enjoy your new freedom.

Yup, yup, and yup. In the same boat here, October 15th. Wish I was old enough to get partial retirement.

Sorry to see you go Hans!

After watching my wife go through as severe case as you can have and not be hospitalized I decided to go ahead and get the vaccine. Did my homework first. Stayed away from the media, and Fauci; focused on scientific journals; reputable preprint and peer reviewed.

Last edited:
My oldest just bought a place in Henry county Tennessee on 40 acres. Apparently Idaho was still a little too liberal for him. There is a three bedroom house that the original owners purchased that used to be a neighbor; they were too close? He keeps telling me that the wife and I had to move back there. As much as I'm looking forward to getting out of this state, it's just a little bit too soon. Still have family obligations that keep me here.

aha! I see. Are you out in the boonies there? What's the internet situation?

What happens Oct. 15? Sorry, out of the loop I guess haha. :D

Nope, in town. Have good internet service from century link for $65. Avoid hughesnet, my buddy has it and it sucks.

Same boat as Oatmeal on Oct 15, school job has mandated vaccination proof by that date.

I'm not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. Does your state have a legal precedent to establish non-consent for a medical procedure=automatic exemption for the medical procedure? If so, you should consider seeking legal advice on the possibility of using it as a medical exemption. In most western nations employment law prevents employers demanding disclosure of medical history. You may only need to inform them in writing that you are 'medically exempt'.
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2021/06/10513473/can-employers-require-covid-vaccine-rules

I'm not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. Does your state have a legal precedent to establish non-consent for a medical procedure=automatic exemption for the medical procedure? If so, you should consider seeking legal advice on the possibility of using it as a medical exemption. In most western nations employment law prevents employers demanding disclosure of medical history. You may only need to inform them in writing that you are 'medically exempt'.
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2021/06/10513473/can-employers-require-covid-vaccine-rules

You should see some of the crazy logic being used. The Bride's employer says this is not a medical procedure.

They also say that if you are harmed by the vaccine it is not a work related injury even though they required it. And at the same time they say they are not liable for any injury you may incur with the vaccine, but you can apply for worker's comp. Worker's comp for what they already determined is not a work related injury? Logic is not their strong suit. Facts aren't either.

I've been employed by the LAUSD since 1999, got laid off in 2012, took a risk and cashed out my 403B and put it down on a house in Utah....scraped by (barely) and got called back to my job after 38mos.
Now with all the Covid "plandemic" hoo ha, I have to get tested weekly and wear a mask whenever I'm on district property.
Well, that wasn't enough, now they tell us that, if we're not fully vaccinated by Oct 15, you're out of a job!
So, I'm not getting a vaccine that they don't know enough about (my buddy's step son died after his second shot....he was in his early 20s) and was rushed to FDA approval by an entity headed by "Dr" Fauci's wife!
A lot of guys I work with feel the same as l do but are too young to retire, are getting the jab, just to save their jobs.
Vaccinated or not, you can still contract and spread the virus so, who but myself am I putting at risk?
What about "my body my choice?" or does that only apply to "birthing persons" looking to abort!
So, I'm pulling the plug, retiring and leaving the communist state of California where you can't even walk down the sidewalks amid all the "urban campers".
Hopefully they'll oust the Governor and put someone sensible (Larry Elder) in Sacramento.
Rant off,
Hans
I just moved out of Cali myself, after living in the Bay Area for 20 years. Now in Arizona. Took a gamble that the political machine in AZ would not implement these silly mandates and so far it seems to be the case. Still a bit surprised at how many peeps wear masks outside but, what can you do.

K

My body, yes my choice. Rushed to FDA approval? Maybe, but the data is there on a global scale. Decided to follow the science and not the politics of both sides of the aisle, the media puppets or the tin foil hat crowd when I got vaccinated several months ago. Now, currently the politics is convoluted, and the science behind my decision the sounder. One word: pandemic. It doesn't care about my pride or my ego.

I wish you all well with your decisions, they're not mine to make. The precedent is long established that employers have the right to require FDA approved vaccinations. On the other hand I think Biden is going to run into a constitutional brick wall when he tries to force employers to require their employees be vaccinated. To me that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Last edited:
Back